News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is ECS out of the carpet business?

Started by green69rt, July 02, 2020, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Was just on their site and it is much reduced.  I need carpet but found nothing out there.   So, where do I go now??  Classic, Legendary?

birdsandbees

There is only one carpet mfg ACC and where ECS got theirs. Only difference David had them ship it to them on a form vs rolled. With David passing away I'm not surprised they've downsized some product availability.

Save yourself any worry about getting what you want and order it from Richard.. https://restorationpartsandmaterials.com/
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

69bfan

As Wayne pointed out, no matter what carpet you purchase now, it is an ACC product.  To my knowledge, ECS is still selling the carpet, but they will collect enough orders to fill up a "fixture" for shipping purposes and then have it shipped from Anniston, AL. to their MO location so that they can be shipped out.

Being located in North GA, we are just SE of the carpet capital of the world.  We have a great working relationship with ACC and their staff.  Depending upon who you order from, I would try to find a vendor who has the carpet drop shipped directly from ACC.   That way, you will get a "fresh" carpet which will be much easier to install.  Remove it as soon as it arrives so that it is not crammed into a box for months.  We also order the carpet sets untrimmed for the top and sides which gives you more material to work with it.  Otherwise, it will be cut giving you very little material to work with to cover the firewall and for the proper placement of the gas pedal to the heel pad.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

b5blue

Yup lay out in the sun ASAP and have a heat gun and bricks ready for layout. I think you can still order Deluxe padding also.  :scratchchin: (I used Thermal blocking on the hump and footwell area that's near exhaust pipes.
https://www.amazon.com/WISAUTO-Aluminized-Thermal-Barrier-Adhesive/dp/B07R6F97C9/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=thermal+shield&link_code=qs&qid=1593780448&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-4&tag=mozilla-20
  Unlike rubbery sound matting this fabric breaks thermal conduction and netted a 15 degree drop in the hottest floor board readings using my laser pointed temp. gun.

69bfan

The ACC carpet kits are available with either the standard shoddy padding which is the current replacement of the jute material as found in the original kits.  It is approximately half of the thickness of the original jute padding.  You can add the "mass backing" which is the equivalent of the heavier rubber like backing as found in cars currently being manufactured.  It is a means to suppress noise and temp variations.  I know that depending upon the kit, the mass backing will add approximately $60.00 to the cost of a kit.  The shoddy padding is still used with the mass backing option.  You can view the ACC website to view the different color and material options.  https://www.accmats.com/
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.

green69rt

Does ACC come with the grommet for the dimmer?

Nacho-RT74

My ACC came with it.

Can't recall if my new Trim Parts carpet came with it thought. Is still still boxed. I didn't like the ACC carpet. It got sun faded ( black become violet on some areas ) and the rubber pad didn't look right. Didn't like the fitment either. At first sight I liked Trim Parts carpet better.

https://www.trimparts.com

I don't think they are also from ACC ? I could notice differences between them, sure around 6 or 7 years difference between them
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

funknut

My ACC carpet did not come with the dimmer grommet.

birdsandbees

OE carpet did not have a grommet TTBOMK, it's there to bail you out when you f up cutting the hole!  :icon_smile_big:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

Mopar Nut

Mine came with two of the dimmer grommets.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

gtx6970

Quote from: birdsandbees on July 03, 2020, 01:42:14 PM
OE carpet did not have a grommet TTBOMK, it's there to bail you out when you f up cutting the hole!  :icon_smile_big:

^

this

Nacho-RT74

My car had a grommet from factory...  but is 74 if that makes difference
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

stripedelete

Quote from: gtx6970 on July 03, 2020, 05:00:14 PM
Quote from: birdsandbees on July 03, 2020, 01:42:14 PM

^

this

yep.

69bfan

The dimmer switch grommet did not come factory issue to like 73 or 74 I believe.  Depending upon who is packing the carpet can make a difference if they throw a grommet into the box.

ACC bought the Trim Parts carpet line to get the "rights" to manufacture the carpet style floor mats with the various Mopar logos.  That happened approximately four to five years ago.  You can still occasionally find a box of Trim Parts carpet, but just know that it has been crammed into that box for a number of years and will require more effort to install once you lay it out and start attempting to install it.

green69rt

Quote from: 69bfan on July 03, 2020, 08:38:29 PM
The dimmer switch grommet did not come factory issue to like 73 or 74 I believe.  Depending upon who is packing the carpet can make a difference if they throw a grommet into the box.

ACC bought the Trim Parts carpet line to get the "rights" to manufacture the carpet style floor mats with the various Mopar logos.  That happened approximately four to five years ago.  You can still occasionally find a box of Trim Parts carpet, but just know that it has been crammed into that box for a number of years and will require more effort to install once you lay it out and start attempting to install it.

69bfan, Your inbox is full!

gtx6970

I tried a trim parts carpet,,,,,Once, never gone do that again no matter the price

resq302

I don't think they dropped the carpet line.  I do know, as others have stated, they order in bulk as they have a special container for keeping the carpeting flat.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: resq302 on July 10, 2020, 09:51:35 PM
I don't think they dropped the carpet line.  I do know, as others have stated, they order in bulk as they have a special container for keeping the carpeting flat.

And flat shipped is key imo
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

john108

I got mine from Legendary.  Could have been a little better but not bad.  It required a lot of trim under t he console.
I had an upholstery guy put it in.  More skill and younger. It was formed Fairley good but again not perfect.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241