News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for suggestions

Started by 69_500, August 31, 2020, 06:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

HEMI alternator, and power steering belts.

What are you guys running on your cars? The reproductions belts look good, but stretch and are worthless after just a limited time driving with them. So will be ordering another set of those for the car, but what belts are you guys using to drive the cars?

Honestly on my older 500 I just ran the original belt on it for the first 15-20k miles I put on the car. It wasn't broke so I didn't bother changing them.

cdr

Quote from: 69_500 on August 31, 2020, 06:08:16 PM
HEMI alternator, and power steering belts.

What are you guys running on your cars? The reproductions belts look good, but stretch and are worthless after just a limited time driving with them. So will be ordering another set of those for the car, but what belts are you guys using to drive the cars?

Honestly on my older 500 I just ran the original belt on it for the first 15-20k miles I put on the car. It wasn't broke so I didn't bother changing them.

Gates brand belts have held up GREAT on my junk
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

odcics2

Dayco. First belts to go 200..
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

69_500

What Gates belts are you guys running on a HEMI?

7450 and 7420?