News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Valve Breather cap gasket

Started by dawgfather, July 06, 2020, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawgfather

hi guys,
   i got the car back from the builder and noticed the breather valve cap is loose. Talked to the guy and he said to put in a thicker gasket. i looked at it and it seems/looks to me it does have one tan colored gasket. i looked it up on summit and classic industries and only think i can find what seems like thick plastic/rubber looking gasket. is that what i would need? Sorry guys newbie question and dont want to screw up the motor

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John_Kunkel

You can use a thicker gasket or just double-up on the original gasket. Cut one out of sheet gasket material.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

dawgfather

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 06, 2020, 11:08:24 AM
Factory style valve covers ?

Mopar valve covers from summit. The breather cover is also mopar  was supplied by the builder.

Mopar Nut

Can you post a picture? What year?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

I had an issue like that and noticed there was a bent 'spring' washer that worked with the gasket.  I bent it more and it now holds my breather in place without being loose.

I wonder if you have the same thing.  The spring thing is under the gasket in the picture.

I also have the push in type and I can look that up,  It is a rubber gasket though.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

dawgfather

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 06, 2020, 02:46:45 PM
Can you post a picture? What year?

It's a 70 charger.

XH29N0G

This is the ring I bent I am using aftermarket valve covers so maybe what is needed in your case is different.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

dawgfather

Quote from: XH29N0G on July 07, 2020, 07:20:02 AM
This is the ring I bent I am using aftermarket valve covers so maybe what is needed in your case is different.

thanks!! will try that out!