News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any model builders?

Started by Drache, July 07, 2020, 10:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

I haven't built a model in MANY years. My girlfriend loves to build miniatures and dioramas and so we came up with this idea. It is a giant work in progress and we started it the day before last. Hoping it turns out like the vision in my head.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

odcics2

Put a few Allied bombers over it, blowing the hell out of it !

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

That would add realism.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

green69rt

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

gtx6970

Models < yes,

Military models no.

I build Mainly vintage annuals and vintage drag cars ( both all makes )

Here are a couple teaser pics

gtx6970

Been building off and on since I was a kid .
Havent touched anything in nearly 2 years due to a cross country move

stripedelete

Like that Phil Bonner Ford.  Looks like you could drive it away.

Kern Dog

I used to LOVE building models. As a kid, I'd build ramps and jump my model cars and trucks. Taking a cue from the Dukes of Hazzard, I'd add weight to get a better 4 wheel landing. I'd tape quarters to the trunk area. I probably built 7-8 General Lee models back then along with 25 or more other cars and trucks.  :2thumbs:

Drache

Well I think this is coming along nicely. Still lots to do though.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

green69rt

I haven't had and car models since I left home.  What I did build was lost when my parents moved.   After the Navy, I started building wooden ship models.  This was the last.

Drache

Testing out a muzzle blast for the tank diorama

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

LaOtto70Charger

ACUDANUT

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Drache on July 12, 2020, 10:09:35 PM
Testing out a muzzle blast for the tank diorama

Coming from a tanker that had my hands on a tiger, that muzzle blast is not accurate, flatten the top and bottom above and below the barrel, more of an outward blast. The fire and followed smoke would escape the sides of the brake, not a round plume. Neat effect though.

stripedelete

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 13, 2020, 03:10:32 PM
ANY Kite Fliers ?

No.  But I've been told I should try it..........

RiverRaider

Quote from: Drache on July 07, 2020, 10:50:00 AM
I haven't built a model in MANY years. My girlfriend loves to build miniatures and dioramas and so we came up with this idea. It is a giant work in progress and we started it the day before last. Hoping it turns out like the vision in my head.

Very nice, I have not seen a tank/helmet presentation before with the tank in the helmet only seen smaller tanks on top.  It would stand out and draw attention at any model show.
I have not built static models for a little while as I switched to scratch built combat ships in 1/72 and 1/144 scales.  The 1/72 scale shoot 1/4" and 3/16 ball bearings.  The 1/144 shoot BB's.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

RiverRaider

gtx6970 nice cars, the fuzzy dice in the Daytona is really cool touch.

green69RT Nice work on the ship.  Those take forever I built one Billings Cutty Sark that was enough rigging for me.

Like car shows all the model shows have been cancelled this summer.  Should be a lot of cool stuff built for next years shows.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

alfaitalia

gtx6970...very nice work.
............what brand of kits do you use? Looking to find a decent 69 Charger kit to modify. Never see them over here....my usual choice is Tamiya...but not seen a Charger from them....
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

gtx6970

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 18, 2020, 09:06:07 AM
gtx6970...very nice work.
............what brand of kits do you use? Looking to find a decent 69 Charger kit to modify. Never see them over here....my usual choice is Tamiya...but not seen a Charger from them....

the daytona I posted is an older AMT kit.

Its still around without much trouble to find.
revell also did one a few years ago . Its a little better overall. But I like the body details on the older AMT kit better ( just personal taste )

Revell also produced a 1968 Charger , a 1969, and most recently a 1970 RT

All of them are all over Ebay .
The only one you have to be careful of is the very 1st issue of the 69, the body has a chopped roof that was retooled to correct in later issues

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Revell+Dodge+charger+model&_sacat=0

In regards to kit brand preference , I'll build any brand that makes a kit that interests me.

gtx6970

The Model, And the actual car. He now has them both

Drache

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 14, 2020, 11:51:28 AM
Coming from a tanker that had my hands on a tiger, that muzzle blast is not accurate, flatten the top and bottom above and below the barrel, more of an outward blast. The fire and followed smoke would escape the sides of the brake, not a round plume. Neat effect though.

Yes I know it's far from accurate but it's the best I could do with the materials on hand. I do have another Tiger model that I'm building that I may try something more realistic with at a later date.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Drache on July 19, 2020, 04:41:34 PM

Yes I know it's far from accurate but it's the best I could do with the materials on hand. I do have another Tiger model that I'm building that I may try something more realistic with at a later date.

From what i can see in the pictures you posted, shouldnt be hard to modify the smoke to come from the sides instead of a round poof. The effect itself looks really good.

Drache

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 20, 2020, 12:42:24 PM

From what i can see in the pictures you posted, shouldnt be hard to modify the smoke to come from the sides instead of a round poof. The effect itself looks really good.

It's actually a round piece of plastic with a screwed through it and screwed into the barrel. Then the battery pack, switch, and wires are on the back of the plastic piece and then cotton laid over top of all that then spray painted.

Like I said, this is version 1. I'll look into making a better version with the next tank.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Drache on July 20, 2020, 06:50:56 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 20, 2020, 12:42:24 PM

It's actually a round piece of plastic with a screwed through it and screwed into the barrel. Then the battery pack, switch, and wires are on the back of the plastic piece and then cotton laid over top of all that then spray painted.

Like I said, this is version 1. I'll look into making a better version with the next tank.

I look forward to it

gtx6970

Quote from: Drache on July 20, 2020, 06:50:56 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pretty cool effect no matter what. I like it.