News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any model builders?

Started by Drache, July 07, 2020, 10:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Recently started collecting some to build in the future...       once I settle down into life.    Crazy how expensive some kits have gotten...     my Su-27 kit just showed up today actually.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

LaOtto70Charger

I need to gather up some more. Trying to get my son into model building also. He was not into painting them yet so 5 kits got assembled really quick.  He started painting now though so the next batch should take a bit longer.  Lot harder to now since even Walmart does not have them in store.

Drache

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 21, 2020, 04:46:33 PM
I look forward to it

If I can make Version 2 work and look proper, I'll repurpose this round one for the Sherman that I plan on doing as well.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

99.9% done! Added some 7.92x57 brass to the base for something a little extra.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

LaOtto70Charger

Drache

This is the next project. There will be buildings and mountain and trees and a lake and more  :icon_smile_big:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

timmycharger

Helmet/tank looks great, nice work/detail  :cheers:

I dabble in modeling still when not wrenching on the 68, mostly with vintage RC cars and miniature hockey players.

I also am planning a slot car table, same scale as well, just can't decide on the layout. I am looking to do 4 lanes, possibly the Monza F1 track.

Here are some of the cars I am looking forward to running..

Good luck with yours!

Drache

Quote from: timmycharger on July 30, 2020, 12:44:27 PM
Here are some of the cars I am looking forward to running..

Good luck with yours!

Modified a '69 to look like the '68 in your profile picture? Planning on doing the same to modify one into a '70.

Here are the cars I currently look forward to running. I do have a couple '69 Daytona on order as well.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

timmycharger

Love those cars, especially that 69 Charger!  I'm liking the stands as well  :2thumbs:

The blue Charger I have was actually bought that way, I think its a Thunderjet brand, Christine replica.  The rear looks a bit weird as there are 3 tail lights like an Impala but they blacked one out.. Still cool as it looks exactly like my car. 

Drache

I also have a Carrera GO! F1 Grand Prix set in 1/43. The track was way too wide to do what I wanted on the board so it's going to be given to the future father in law.  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

KS71owner

I've been building models for years, I go through phases of interest. For a long time it was cars, then science fiction and now mostly military. I also enjoy Warhammer 40k kits when I want to punish my wallet.

Drache

Started work on a second WWII diorama with the missus.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Step 3 is done. Still have a LOT more work to do though.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Changed the tree trunk (will probably change the tree top once more flock comes in) and added some water (need to add some ripples as it's too clear). Then just add some grass tufts, maybe a bush and I'll be done

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

LaOtto70Charger

AKcharger

Drache how did you get the muzzel flash to light up in that one photo?

Drache

Quote from: AKcharger on October 08, 2020, 08:52:41 PM
Drache how did you get the muzzel flash to light up in that one photo?

That was just a test to see if I could do it. But I cut the bottom out of a plastic pill bottle. Drilled a hole in the center, wired up an LED light with a switch and battery, then covered the whole thing in cotton. Didn't turn out exactly like I wanted but it was a good test.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Version 2.0 is done - Still have grand plans for this with some more upgrades. Such as a parachute stuck in the back of the tree and a US paratrooper hiding behind the tree.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

blakemon

Quote from: KS71owner on September 01, 2020, 12:35:36 PM
I've been building models for years, I go through phases of interest. For a long time it was cars, then science fiction and now mostly military. I also enjoy Warhammer 40k kits when I want to punish my wallet.

I dig those military machines. Very detailed.