News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best way to remove vinyl top glue from my 67 Charger

Started by dgp_naples, July 10, 2020, 01:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgp_naples

I just purchased a 1967 Charger that was born without a vinyl top BUT the original Owner had a vinyl top installed at the dealer.

I have removed the vinyl top and want to remove the old glue. What products work best?

I have tried Goof Off and Adhesive remover but am not getting any results.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

green69rt

Removing adhesive from big areas with any kind of solvent is a test of patience.  If you are trying to preserve the paint underneath, it may be the only way to go.  If the paint is not an issue then you need a stripper wheel of some kind.

Looking at you picture, my guess is that you are going to have the top repainted.  In that case, your painter will appreciate having clean metal as a base.

I used these to strip just about everything on my car.

https://www.amazon.com/Norton-Non-Woven-Depressed-Center-Diameter/dp/B00755XY2Y/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&hvadid=78340257477951&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&keywords=norton+wheel&qid=1594384418&sr=8-4&tag=mh0b-20

dgp_naples