News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone swapped full interior to a different colour?

Started by 68chargeruk, July 12, 2020, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargeruk

I know Chargers are plentiful over your side of the pond but has anyone fully swapped the interior from one colour to the another?

I'm pricing up swapping my blue interior to full black but on Legendary i'm into mega bucks, like $4k so far!

Is there a more sensible solution

Thanks

Mopar Nut

I'm doing the same thing, but from Green to Black. I bought mine from Yearone, cheaper at the time.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Nacho-RT74

I changed from blue to white/black... yes I can say $3-4K is the rate. depending on how many parts you can find used in good conditions, but being everthing new that's the rate.

In my case, got a nice used dash pad ( $250 ), and center console ( $50 ) . Got seat covers from legendary ( $800-900? can't recall ), Carpet from whichever vendor around ( $150 I think ? ). Initially got used interior panels on a trade, but they were begining to get chalky, so TRASHED money on the terrible plastic panels reproductions available for 3rd gens ( yes TRASHED... but there was no other solution than get that stock pile of garbage called "reproduction panels" on maybe $800 total, without sum to this a scam ). Upper door panels are still the used ones. Headliner I think $70 or so ?

Add to this, international shipping!!!

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

68chargeruk

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 12, 2020, 02:53:49 PM
I'm doing the same thing, but from Green to Black. I bought mine from Yearone, cheaper at the time.

With the added benefit of no int shipping charges John haha, didn't realise Y1 did them, i'll look now mate thanks

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 68chargeruk on July 12, 2020, 04:13:22 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 12, 2020, 02:53:49 PM

With the added benefit of no int shipping charges John haha, didn't realise Y1 did them, i'll look now mate thanks

I think YearOne went back to using legendary interiors now too.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mike DC

Lots of people have done it.  We just pay up and replace a lot of the parts.  

Truth is, the vinyl on most interior resto parts is not as thick (read: durable) as the original vinyl was.  And the factory didn't build the cars to stay presentable as long as modern cars do in the first place.  If you drive the car often then some interior parts may need replacing in a few years just from wear & tear.  

It's a broader issue with classic cars.  The factories expected the first owner to keep the car for 50,000 miles and they didn't mind if the car fell apart after that.  Resale value was not a thing back then.  With modern cars, the factories don't want the car to embarrass or frustrate the owner for at least 100,000-150,000 miles.        

ODZKing

Same here, changed mine from parchment to white/black.
Had to change headliner, door panels, back panels, carpet, seats, console and dash.
Carpet was tan as was dash and console. everything else (off white) parchment and quite expensive to replace.

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Nacho-RT74

I think YR1 was ofering PUI products, not Legendary.

aaaaaand.... if loacl YR1 shipping quotes used to be outrageos, I can't imagine international shipping.

maybe a forward shipping service by sea will be better. Dunno if UK brothers on board have got some forward couriers services. I have to think on that when my car is here in Spain. I certainly have saved a bit on shipping using forward courier services from Florida to Venezuela
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Paul G

If your panels are in in good shape you can dye them a different color. The upper panels in my 73 were beyond usable. I bought a set of used panels on Ebay that were green. Changed them to white using Mopaint. Used the same Mopaint on all the plastic and metal parts in the interior. I hear SEM is even better. Pic below.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

mt.sledder

The SEM dye works great. I had my dash pad, all door panels, plastic, etc sprayed at my local body shop. Everything came out looking just like new. When my paint guy said it works great I was sceptical. Boy was he right, amazing results. All my parts were original in green and in excellent condition.