News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Steering help needed, I'm SOOOO stuck!!

Started by 68chargeruk, July 13, 2020, 06:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargeruk

really need some help here as i'm finding the sites i'm looking at so difficult to navigate as they don't do 'suggested parts' and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know the parts that are required. (i'm in the UK)

The power steering on my 68 Charger is not correct so posted a wanted ad and have bought the following brand new items from a fellow forum member in the UK

Federal PS Pump p/n PS6157
lines 71241 and 70353

now I know I need a cap, pulley and bracket to fit them to the car but I CANNOT figure out which ones, it even says this on their site - 'cap nut and pulley not included' but doesn't give the parts needed  :brickwall: :brickwall:

i've been on Classic Industries and Summit and just can't work out what I need.  I don't understand why they wouldn't have an upsell section trying to get you to buy the parts they know aren't included ??

oh and the big question which has me worried on Classic Industries it says 'fits 69 onwards' have I just bought a heavy paperweight!!!

I'd love some help as i'm going insane with this search  :brickwall:

Not fussed where the parts are sourced, mancini, summit, CI i just need to know i'm ordering the right bits as i'll be stung for shipping and a longish wait for them so want to make sure they all match up

Thanks for any help guys!!

70 sublime

Not sure what parts you need but would be nice to know what motor you have and if you have air conditioning or not
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

68chargeruk

Thanks, I thought I'd put in the original post I need the reservoir cap, pulley and mounting bracket apologies if I missed that bit

and its a 383 air con was there originally but no longer present

darbgnik

Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

68chargeruk

thanks for the suggestion, no stock on the pulley since Jan 2020 :brickwall:

hemi71x

Look in the For Sale section of this forum.
I most likely have what your looking for.
hemi71x

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

charger Downunder

[/quote]