News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big C Body Spindles Mounted On 1968 Dodge Charger?

Started by RIDGERACER383, July 13, 2020, 09:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

There seems to be a plethora of UCA designs but I haven't heard of any failures. Any documented examples of failures?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

I recall an aftermarket UCA failure a few years back. Nasty pics were included.  :scratchchin:

HPP

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 15, 2020, 10:13:52 AM
OOOOH... OK... so the diff is just between wheel mounting center to top ball joint, and not to bottom ball joint being the total height the difference?

I have allways thought the diff was againts the bottom ball joint height, being a higher wheel mount and the distance between top and bottom ball joints remaint the same! That's why I draw it like that!

Now you got it. All the extra height is on top.

FWIW, C Body spindles do offer a 1" drop of B body spindles. Its also possible to get an aftermarket 2" drop spindle that uses the standard mopar ball joints.

RE upper control arms...SPC are a reputable provider and that arm design has been around for quite a long time.  Fox body Mustang users have been using these for arms for years.  BUt, like most modified items, you will want to inspect them occasionally.  If your a set it and forget it user, use OEM parts.

The thrashed tubular upper arm failure that has been making the rounds was an arm made by a company called CAP. They have since been bought out by QA1 and had their products all re-engineered. However, there are plenty of providers out there to to look at; Firm Feel, Magnumforce, Gerst, Hotchkis, etc.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: HPP on July 21, 2020, 04:12:29 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 15, 2020, 10:13:52 AM
OOOOH... OK... so the diff is just between wheel mounting center to top ball joint, and not to bottom ball joint being the total height the difference?

I have allways thought the diff was againts the bottom ball joint height, being a higher wheel mount and the distance between top and bottom ball joints remaint the same! That's why I draw it like that!

Now you got it. All the extra height is on top.

:2thumbs:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Kern Dog

Quote from: HPP on July 21, 2020, 04:12:29 PM
However, there are plenty of providers out there to to look at; Firm Feel, Magnumforce, Gerst, Hotchkis, etc.

Firm Feel, Gerst and Hotchkis, absolutely.
I wouldn't call Magnum Farce for anything.

HPP