News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OER or PG Classics

Started by astjp2, July 15, 2020, 09:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astjp2

So I need to get new door handles and marker lights for my 68 Charger, I am seeing OER and PG Classics and was wondering which one is better and if there was a quality difference.  I also need to get the hood lights.  Thanks, Tim

69bfan

Although a bit more dollars, the side marker bezels and lenses and exterior door handles from Trim Parts are in my opinion a much better product than the others on the market.  The pieces are manufactured in Ohio and have more details than the others.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

astjp2

Trim parts only has one type of door handle in stock and only the red marker light....everything else is out of stock

69bfan

Seeing that your doing a 68 year model, if you want to replace the handles with the correct black push buttons, just use your original push buttons.    Some of the vendors do offer the black button option if that makes a difference for you.  Due to the Covid issues, many items are becoming more difficult to source and will probably be that way for some time.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

astjp2

I got an email from Vans, they said that the marker lights were their own. so now it seems like there are 3 suppliers of those.  This is frustrating trying to get parts and dont know which suppliers has the better product...Tim

b5blue

I installed Trim Parts handles and swapped out original hardware to get them to work smoothly. My car is a driver so left out 24/7 and 6 years later they look crappy! The AMD rear bumper is pitting and the repo gas cap is for crap also after 6 years so expect to keep parts protected some how.  :shruggy:

astjp2

well I ordered the tail lights from Manicotti Chrysler, grill and trim from Classic, I need to order the interior from Dante's

hemi-hampton

Quote from: astjp2 on July 17, 2020, 07:01:33 PM
well I ordered the tail lights from Manicotti Chrysler, grill and trim from Classic, I need to order the interior from Dante's

When I ordered parts from Manicotti Chrysler they never sent my parts, said they had no record of me ordering parts, but then used my Credit Card # to buy parts from a well know race parts supplier & have them sent to them. LOW LIFE SCUMBAG SCAMMERS.