News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brackets in trunk area 68 Charger

Started by Bossman963, July 20, 2020, 07:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossman963

Sorry in advance as have this 68 Charger and someone took it apart and dont know what color or where some parts go:

Ok as the 1 bracket is a spare tire  bracket where does it exactly go and isnt there a triangle piece to hold a spring?, what are the other 2 brackets  & where do they go?

Finally anyone have pics of all the brackets in a trunk for 68-9 charger as Im sure Im missing more parts- but not sure

thx Mike
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

70 sublime

Your other 2 brackets go on the bottom of the trunk floor and that is what the J bolts hook into for the gas tank straps
Something that was a lot easier to weld to the bottom side of the floor before it was installed

You might get lucky and they already welded a new set on 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

When you are under the car have a look to see if you have a bracket for the parking brake cable to go though
It is mounted on the underside of the floor just a little behind the driver front seat location

Not sure how much of your car has been worked on but you might want to look for the brackets for dual exhaust if you are going factory style parts
There should be a bracket on each side of the floor area close to where the back seat belts mount

70 sublime

Inside the trunk you should also have a small box type of a bracket on the trunk floor close to the driver side tail light that the factory jack sets in
Will also be a loop for maybe the spring you are talking about that helps hold the jack handle to the jack when mounted in the original location

Bossman963

Thanks and it looks like I got some work to do and discovery

I did have the trunk floor pan replaced and the idiot never replaced any brackets
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS