News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash color for 68 Charger

Started by Bossman963, July 20, 2020, 07:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossman963

Sorry in advance as have this 68 Charger and someone took it apart and dont know what color or where some parts go:

So this one is easy- what color is the metal dash on a 68 Charger :shruggy:
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Bronzedodge

Mopar forever!

Bossman963

Not sure on how to read that PPG card.

anyway car has white interior and red carpet, dash & seat belts- everything thats red will now be black
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

Troy

White interior has a black dash

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

v21hemicharger

My gold 68 RT has a tan dash with a white interior

moparchris

So you're asking what color is the metal dash?  In a later post you state that the "carpet, dash,seat belts" are Red and everything that's Red will be Black.  Not sure where the question comes into play.  Sounds like no matter what color the interior was it is going to be Black.  In that case the metal dash would be a Black suede finish.  If the original carpet and trim was Red, then the metal frame would be Red suede finish.  In 68 it is a darker shade of Red, nit bright as in 69.

6bblgt

Quote from: v21hemicharger on July 31, 2020, 01:41:51 AM
My gold 68 RT has a tan dash with a white interior

actually it's a "GOLD" (no "TAN" interior for '68 Charger) - the dash frame colors are listed last "SUEDE"

here is Ditzler's interior paint chart (cut up just) for 1968 Dodge Charger/Coronet (I think I have an original, I'll see if I can get a better image)

..........   for 1968 Charger the white vinyl seats were available with BLACK, BLUE, GREEN, MAROON & GOLD dash and carpet