News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master cylinder paint

Started by Paul 500, July 22, 2020, 04:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

What paint are people using to paint their master cylinders black. Also how do you stop the lid getting scratched when you open it.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Nacho-RT74

about gett the lid scratched... maybe powder coat ?

Sorry. I don't like the black painted master cylinder LOL, so I can't give you an opinion about the paint to be used. Brake fluid will damage it anyway sooner or later... or maybe... powdercoat too?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Paul 500 on July 22, 2020, 04:29:06 AM
What paint are people using to paint their master cylinders black. Also how do you stop the lid getting scratched when you open it.
A semi gloss black.
I always yank the wire bale off at the front and back when checking fluid and pop it back in after.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 22, 2020, 10:05:29 AM
Quote from: Paul 500 on July 22, 2020, 04:29:06 AM
A semi gloss black.
I always yank the wire bale off at the front and back when checking fluid and pop it back in after.

What he said
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HeavyFuel

It appears the master cylinder assembly in your photo was not prepped very well prior to painting.

Maybe it was, and the type of paint used just didn't adhere very well, hense the chipping paint on the lid and missing paint on the wire keeper.

The wear lines on the lid will be very minimal if the paint is sticking properly....at least mine are.