News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body swap with a 50 Dodge truck body

Started by nvrbdn, July 23, 2020, 07:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

I'll be honest with you.....
I LOVE a cheap build ! When a car can be made functional with stuff you had at home, that is fantastic. I love going to swap meets and junkyards but it is so satisfying when you need something and then find it in a shed out back.
My own '70 Charger "Jigsaw" is my own low-dough-build. So many people think that to build a 68-70 Charger, you need to expect to spend $40,000 or more. I'm into mine under $9000 and it is almost ready to start and drive. I plan to drive it ratty for awhile. I know that I will probably turn a lot of purists off by doing it. So what?   Good for you with this truck.   

RallyeMike

:iagree:

:hack:  +    :paintingpink:   +     :smash:    =      :icon_smile_big:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

nvrbdn

Exactly Kern Dog!! It is satisfying to make stuff work!! And a low budget build that cruises down the road getting the thumbs is icing on the cake. As my two show buddies said at the car show. Ole Blue is banned from shows because nobody wants to talk about their cars.  :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 17, 2020, 01:15:02 PM
So when you called up the insurance company to put it on the road which ownership did you use ?
Did you confess what you had created ?

I took Ole Blue up to State Farm to get pictures taken etc... He was a bit worried that as the truck was actually a 50 Dodge on the outside, it would need to be registered that way. He said we would have to find out what to do and if he could do it. He just called me back and said the underwriter said the truck stays exactly as it is and the full coverage insurance stays the same. Then in 2 years we will move it to an antique vehicle status. So it will stay registered as a 98 Mazda truck!!! So we ran it to this patch of blooming clover and snapped a few pics!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

moparstuart

I seen that truck before somewhere    :icon_smile_big:     cool project Jim  nice build  the previous owner should be proud   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

Thank you!!! And I think the previous owner was really happy how it turned out!!! :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Well, it has been a bit since I have updated on the truck. Had to rebuild the Cougar engine, do some work on the Challenger and get a new trailer. But I did get back on it and finally put the new windshield in.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Next job was to get the new wheels and tires installed. I went with 14's on front to lower it down a little. 15's on back. Love the way it sits now. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

b5blue

67440chrg

alenglish

>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>