News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Parking Your Charger

Started by HeavyFuel, July 30, 2020, 08:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Typically I park as far away from other cars as practical to avoid the obvious dangers.

At work, there are two stalls that are overly wide....good spots to grab if you can get to them early.   :2thumbs:

Occasionally there's some douche that doesn't pay attention to the lines and makes me nervous.  Still a decent distance away...but C'MON.   :rotz:

RiverRaider

I try to stay away from 1/2 ton 4 door pickups and SUV's they seem to hit cars the most.  Kids can't hold the doors. parents in a hurry etc.
Minivans have sliders in the rear and shorter front doors, a little safer.  If I cant find a lonely spot I look for Dually's and 3/4 tons for safe parking
they like extra room also and usually farther out in the lot. 
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

cdr

its funny how small our cars look next to the newer junk,
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

That is true. The 68-70 Charger is smaller and narrower than my Wife's 2015 Challenger!

I always try to park away from the crowd. I also prefer to park next to 4 door cars as opposed to 2 doors. The longer doors need to open wider to get in and out.
Also, try to park to the right side of another car since it is common that they are solo occupants and the right door of their car likely won't be opened against your car since there isn't a passenger.

MoparMike68

That's a great picture, we forget how low of a profile they are with the chrome and unmatched style that's what for me
makes the classics desirable and it looks cool in that setting  :coolgleamA:  However the picture was taken only to show parking
That's what makes art.
The new charger and challenger do nothing for me when I see them at shows I wonder why their there if I want to see
one I could go to any car lot.  :shruggy:

70 sublime

My favorite way to park
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ACUDANUT

why are you concerned about other peoples's car tags ?

BrianShaughnessy

At the end of a row next to an island preferably.  And if I happen to take up 2 spaces... oh well.   :shruggy:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 30, 2020, 09:49:06 PM

Respect of privacy.

VegasCharger

Quote from: HeavyFuel on July 30, 2020, 08:52:34 AM.....Still a decent distance away...but C'MON.   :rotz:

I'll see your C'MON and raise you with this.  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Kern Dog

There is no way that I would take up 2 spaces. I have known too many gutless losers that would key scratch a car without a smidge of guilt.  :eek2:

Kern Dog

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 30, 2020, 09:49:06 PM
That whole thing confuses me too. People blur or cover the number for pictures but if the car is driven on public roads, it is visible to anyone that can see. I'm not bashing anyone this time, I just don't see the point of it.

MoparMike68

:iagree: :iagree:
Although maybe on the first point being it's a classic people would and should understand the two space parking
But I wouldn't risk it.
About the tag issue maybe it's blacked out because he was called a douche and there's a chance of that person
Seeing the post and retaliating but in that case it would make more sense to black out the whole charger  
It's not like heavy fuel could deny it.  :lol: