News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Vendor - 3D Printing

Started by Dano 1, August 05, 2020, 09:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano 1

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 27, 2021, 06:04:09 PM
with every body having a cell phone glued to there hand 18 hours out of the day everyday you may need to customize some kind of holder for that? I rarely use my phone so wouldn't need it but everybody else does. LEON.

I've got some ideas for phone mounts, I usually like to use my Charger-time as a time to unplug and put the phone away (obviously while driving) but I do use it for music and sometimes navigation so there is definitely a market there.

Quote from: funknut on June 27, 2021, 08:42:16 PM
Can you scan/make the lower grill ears/corners?  The ones that tuck in behind the bumper. I would think there's a decent number of folks that need them (including me!).

You mean like this? They need some small tweaks but should be available very soon!

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on June 27, 2021, 08:55:39 PM
How about some seat track plastic guides?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=137846.0;attach=308959;image

These look completely do-able, I'm not currently using my OEM seats/tracks so I can tear them down and work on the guides. I'll need to play around with material a bit as those look to be made from nylon originally which CAN be printed but is pretty tricky from what I've heard.

Quote from: Mopar Nut on June 28, 2021, 04:47:29 AM
Quote from: Dano 1 on June 27, 2021, 08:26:57 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on June 27, 2021, 03:27:51 AM
Do you have a link for your website and store?

That's why engineers shouldn't do marketing I guess  :lol: https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products

:lol:
Ordered the stops.  :boogie:

That is AWESOME thank you! I will get them shipped ASAP.

If anyone has any other questions/issues/ideas feel free to shoot me an email: dan@nextgendesignsnc.com as well.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

kent

"These look completely do-able, I'm not currently using my OEM seats/tracks so I can tear them down and work on the guides. I'll need to play around with material a bit as those look to be made from nylon originally which CAN be printed but is pretty tricky from what I've heard."

If you decide to make these Dan put me down for two sets. Enough for 4 bucket seats.
Thanks
Kent
Kent

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice job.  Bookmarking your site for my next headlight door repair!  

PS---one small critique on your website.....make the font bigger on the prices on the homepage!   Us old guys cant see micro print  LOL
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JB400

How about doing the corner pieces under the bumper for 2nd gen grilles?

Lennard

Quote from: JB400 on July 31, 2021, 03:39:34 PM
Scroll to the top of this page.

JB400

Quote from: Lennard on August 01, 2021, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: JB400 on July 31, 2021, 03:39:34 PM
Scroll to the top of this page.
Just overlooked them, thanks

Dano 1

JB400 - As Lennard correctly pointed out I am actively working on the grill corners, I'm currently playing around with some finishing options to make the parts easier to paint and blend into the existing grill. Once they're ready to sell I'll update the thread so stay tuned!

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

richf

Perhaps a kick panel with speaker cutouts?
1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

green69rt

I'm going to throw out my vote for some parts for the buddy seat.  Picture below.  Two hinge covers that are the same or mirror images, soft vinyl.  The rear dress up cover that goes on the back part of the upper cushion, material unknown,  I can send mine if you need a sample.  Nobody makes them so you would be the sole supplier.

Kern Dog

Quote from: richf on August 10, 2021, 11:15:48 PM
Excellent suggestion.

Lennard

Dano 1

Quote from: richf on August 10, 2021, 11:15:48 PM

This would be an interesting one, based on my brief research the biggest issues seem to be the actual inner structure allowing for the speaker magnet to fit inside the body and emergency brake clearance. I'll add it to the list to work on.

When I added an aftermarket stereo to my car I took a slightly different approach and made mounts to hang 4" speakers under the dash by the steering column and glove box. I really wanted everything hidden and they sound pretty good for being 4" speakers. If there's interest I can add these to the site for purchase.

Quote from: green69rt on August 12, 2021, 05:57:36 PM
I'm going to throw out my vote for some parts for the buddy seat.  Picture below.  Two hinge covers that are the same or mirror images, soft vinyl.  The rear dress up cover that goes on the back part of the upper cushion, material unknown,  I can send mine if you need a sample.  Nobody makes them so you would be the sole supplier.

These parts would be a pretty big challenge for the printing process but could potentially be done, the biggest issue I see is getting the material correct and the surface texture. The bracket for the back looks like a pretty straight forward bent sheetmetal part that could be reproduced without much trouble. I'll look into it.

Quote from: Lennard on August 16, 2021, 11:09:24 PM
Hey Dan, can you print these screw inserts?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,140118.0.html

These absolutely look doable for printing, I'll need a sample to design from but I can pull them out of my car. I wish I had thought of this before my interior was back together but I can pull the upper door pads and the clips to have a good reference to design from. Since this would be a pretty easy design I'll hop on it and see what I can do to turn them around quickly.  :2thumbs:

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Lennard

Quote from: Dano 1 on August 17, 2021, 11:25:13 AM

Quote from: Lennard on August 16, 2021, 11:09:24 PM
Hey Dan, can you print these screw inserts?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,140118.0.html

These absolutely look doable for printing, I'll need a sample to design from but I can pull them out of my car. I wish I had thought of this before my interior was back together but I can pull the upper door pads and the clips to have a good reference to design from. Since this would be a pretty easy design I'll hop on it and see what I can do to turn them around quickly.  :2thumbs:
Much appreciated!  :2thumbs:

Dano 1

Took a little longer than I hoped but door pad clips are done! For such a simple part they're surprisingly intricately designed so it was a fun one to reverse engineer.

They're available for order on my website: https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products/p/door-pad-clip

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Lennard

Great job Dan, thanks!   I'll be buying 2 sets. :2thumbs:

Edit: tried to order 2 sets... said you only had 1 in stock.

keepat

Quote from: Dano 1 on August 23, 2021, 08:37:39 PM
Took a little longer than I hoped but door pad clips are done! For such a simple part they're surprisingly intricately designed so it was a fun one to reverse engineer.

They're available for order on my website: https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products/p/door-pad-clip

Very cool!!

Dano 1

Sorry about that Lennard, just an oversight on my part when I was setting up the site.

I'll include a second set in your order at no charge since that issue was on my end. Should ship today.

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Lennard

Quote from: Dano 1 on August 24, 2021, 11:06:18 AM
Sorry about that Lennard, just an oversight on my part when I was setting up the site.

I'll include a second set in your order at no charge since that issue was on my end. Should ship today.
That's very nice of you! Thanks  :2thumbs:

GT

This is awesome that you made these.  I just ordered two sets.  Thanks!
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

Dano 1

Quote from: GT on August 25, 2021, 11:47:23 AM
This is awesome that you made these.  I just ordered two sets.  Thanks!

That's great GT, thanks! Your parts are on their way.  :2thumbs:

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Mopar Nut

I'm sticking the door pad clips on my wish list until I move to the interior.  :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

TexasStroker

Seeing how you made the console mounted gauge pod, have you messed any with the A-Pillar?  While a complete unit would be nice, I suppose a modular adaptation for gauge mounts would work the same.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Dan, you should put your website in your signature line for easy reference....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dano 1

Quote from: TexasStroker on August 30, 2021, 04:17:12 AM
Seeing how you made the console mounted gauge pod, have you messed any with the A-Pillar?  While a complete unit would be nice, I suppose a modular adaptation for gauge mounts would work the same.

This is definitely on 'the list', with my current capability it would be hard to product the entire pillar as a unit but I have a couple ideas kicking around to make a more modular type solution so stay tuned.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 01, 2021, 04:57:04 AM
Dan, you should put your website in your signature line for easy reference....

Good call! You want to be my head of marketing?  :lol:

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Lennard

Quote from: Dano 1 on August 24, 2021, 11:06:18 AM

I received the clips this morning, thanks a lot Dan! :2thumbs: