News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Vendor - 3D Printing

Started by Dano 1, August 05, 2020, 09:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

Any decision on the seat track guides?

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Dano 1

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on September 02, 2021, 08:45:22 AM

I dug out my stock tracks this week actually but found mine have the metal bearing cages not the plastic. Does anyone have any spares of the plastic guides I could use for a design base? I would only need them for a short time so they could be returned with a free set of reproductions if anyone is interested.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

70sixpkrt

Quote from: Dano 1 on September 02, 2021, 10:06:06 AM

I dug out my stock tracks this week actually but found mine have the metal bearing cages not the plastic. Does anyone have any spares of the plastic guides I could use for a design base? I would only need them for a short time so they could be returned with a free set of reproductions if anyone is interested.
I wish I had an extra set.

green69rt

Got a pic of what you're talking about?

70sixpkrt

Quote from: green69rt on September 02, 2021, 01:30:53 PM

Got a pic of what you're talking about?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=137846.0;attach=308959;image

green69rt

Just looked. Can't help, mine are metal all the way around.

70sixpkrt

I wonder what year and cars came with metal and vinyl. The picture I posted, those came out of a 70 Challenger front seats.

TexasStroker

Quote from: Dano 1 on September 01, 2021, 07:02:33 AM
Quote from: TexasStroker on August 30, 2021, 04:17:12 AM
Seeing how you made the console mounted gauge pod, have you messed any with the A-Pillar?  While a complete unit would be nice, I suppose a modular adaptation for gauge mounts would work the same.

This is definitely on 'the list', with my current capability it would be hard to product the entire pillar as a unit but I have a couple ideas kicking around to make a more modular type solution so stay tuned.

Awesome, I will be on the lookout!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Dano 1

*New Product Alert*

I've got two new gauge mounting solutions for our b-bodies up on the website. These replace the stock ash tray and mount either one or two 2-1/16" gauges, blending into the lower dash pad. They mount using an integral clip that picks up the top edge of the dash frame opening and two clip-on nuts and screws through the stock lower ash tray mounting holes. Printed in black plastic they can be used as-is or painted to match your interior color.

https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

green69rt

Quote from: Dano 1 on October 28, 2021, 08:22:16 PM
*New Product Alert*

I've got two new gauge mounting solutions for our b-bodies up on the website. These replace the stock ash tray and mount either one or two 2-1/16" gauges, blending into the lower dash pad. They mount using an integral clip that picks up the top edge of the dash frame opening and two clip-on nuts and screws through the stock lower ash tray mounting holes. Printed in black plastic they can be used as-is or painted to match your interior color.

https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products

How about a blank filler so we can put anything we want in the ashtray hole?

DownZero

Are these slightly angled toward the driver?

Dano 1

Green69rt - A block off/blank plate would be easy enough to do, I'll take a look at that.

DownZero - The gauge pockets are not angled but I haven't had any issue reading the gauges from the driver's seat.

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Daytona R/T SE

How tough would it be for you to make the lower center dash pad with the A/C vent opening ?

It should be a hard material, every original "soft" one I've ever seen looks like it's melting.

-Including the one in your picture-

Would it be possible to print something like this with the grain and stitching details ?

:shruggy:

moparstuart

Which is what they did in 70 went to hard plastic
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on November 01, 2021, 04:41:17 PM
Which is what they did in 70 went to hard plastic

Yep, and they hold their shape much better than the 68 and 69 parts.

Dano 1

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 01, 2021, 03:38:26 PM
How tough would it be for you to make the lower center dash pad with the A/C vent opening ?

It should be a hard material, every original "soft" one I've ever seen looks like it's melting.

Would it be possible to print something like this with the grain and stitching details ?

It could be done, the surface texture and stitching detail would be the hardest part to replicate given the resolution on the printer. You would also need a very large format printer to do the whole thing in one piece but it could conceivably be done in smaller chunks and glued together. Either way post-printing filler/paint work would likely be required to get a decent looking piece. I didn't know they switched to a hard plastic lower dash in '70, I would be curious to see one in person and check out the texture etc. to see if it would be doable.

green69rt - I modified my CAD model of the ash tray gauge mount to be a simple block off plate. This would allow you to mount switches, lights, or whatever else you could think of. The material is around 1/8" thick and easy to drill/cut through so modifications would be pretty easy. I'm going to print one off this weekend and see how it looks, if all goes well it would be available in the next week or so.

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

green69rt

Quote from: Dano 1 on November 12, 2021, 09:10:18 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 01, 2021, 03:38:26 PM

It could be done, the surface texture and stitching detail would be the hardest part to replicate given the resolution on the printer. You would also need a very large format printer to do the whole thing in one piece but it could conceivably be done in smaller chunks and glued together. Either way post-printing filler/paint work would likely be required to get a decent looking piece. I didn't know they switched to a hard plastic lower dash in '70, I would be curious to see one in person and check out the texture etc. to see if it would be doable.

green69rt - I modified my CAD model of the ash tray gauge mount to be a simple block off plate. This would allow you to mount switches, lights, or whatever else you could think of. The material is around 1/8" thick and easy to drill/cut through so modifications would be pretty easy. I'm going to print one off this weekend and see how it looks, if all goes well it would be available in the next week or so.

I'll be watching so I can finish my dash.  Thanks for the important work and the consideration.

Dano 1

The day job ended up getting in the way of the hobby job but nonetheless I got the prototype ashtray block-off plate done and it came out great. The material these are made from is a medium hardness plastic so it can easily be drilled/cut/modified how ever you'd like to mount switches, warning lights, USB chargers etc. These are now live on the website and run $75 + shipping.

https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products/p/blank-ash-tray-pod

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

tan top

ben looking at your web site  very clever  !! awesome work  !    :yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dano 1

Bringing this thread back from the dead to say I'm still here and still working on fun parts for Mopars...as time allows.

The latest project was to solve an age old problem that has driven me nuts ever since I got my car back on the road - cup holders!

I went through a couple different design options but settled on a system that uses an existing 'universal' folding/adjustable cup holder and mounts to the side of any 66-70 B/C-body console. Similar to my gauge housings these mount with high strength magnets (2 on the cup holder, 2 inside the console) so there is NO cutting/drilling/screwing involved. This also means they are 100% removable without taking anything apart and leave no parts behind so if you want your car to look stock for a show, just pop the assembly off.

I've had a prototype in my car for a few months now and it works great. I usually have a Yeti tumbler cup and it has been rock solid even through some more...spirited...drives. I have mine mounted just in front of the footwell light which works great but they can be mounted anywhere along either side of the console.

If anyone is interested I've added the kits to my website here: https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products/p/1966-1970-mopar-b-body-console-cup-holder-kit

www.nextgendesignsnc.com