News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Sturgis Rally is on

Started by greycharger, August 08, 2020, 10:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMike68

AKcharger

see...NOW this thread is going in the right direction!!  :cheers:

MoparMike68

stripedelete

Wow!  Are those young ladies from the 2020 "butterface" calander?

AKcharger

well done guys! let's continue!

odcics2

1973 vintage.   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

MoparMike68

In the vintage category I'll have to choose Linda Harrison as Nova,  also as a bonus she couldn't speak  :lol:

AKcharger

Kern Dog

Nova was gorgeous.   :yesnod:
I prefer a smart woman as long as she isn't a blabbermouth or a bitch.

MoparMike68

I'll take her for a ride  :yesnod:

greycharger

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/study-motorcycle-rally-sparked-covid19-cases-in-next-state-new-york-minnesota-cases-study-ap-b1759364.html

When nearly a half-million motorcycle enthusiasts gathered in South Dakota this summer, health experts worried the gathering would ignite new outbreaks of coronavirus cases

It did, according to a report Friday that looked at cases in neighboring Minnesota

About one-third of counties ended up having at least one coronavirus case that was tied to August's Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, investigators reported in a study mainly conducted by Minnesota health officials and published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Minnesota officials counted 86 cases that they said were related to the rally — 51 people who went to Sturgis and 35 who came into contact with those people later. Most did not suffer serious illnesses, but four were hospitalized and one died.

"These findings highlight the far-reaching effects that gatherings in one area might have on another area," the study authors wrote. "The motorcycle rally was held in a neighboring state that did not have policies regarding event size and mask use, underscoring the implications of policies within and across jurisdictions."

CDC officials did not immediately answer a question about any other research assessing the Sturgis rally's impact on other states.

The rally has been a source of contention between the governors of Minnesota and North Dakota. Earlier this month, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz criticized South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem for not taking more aggressive steps to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

Walz, a Democrat, said the Sturgis rally was "absolutely unnecessary." Singling out Noem, who is a Republican, he said he wished the state had canceled the rally and imposed a statewide mask mandate, as Minnesota has.

In September, The Associated Press found that at least 290 people in 12 states tested positive for the coronavirus after attending the rally.

Kern Dog

So what. You want to live in a cave the rest of your life? Go ahead.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 21, 2020, 06:11:18 PM

I talked to another nurse yesterday that is involved in a network of 7 hospitals and she confirmed like all others that the hospitals are not over filled and the numbers are all BS.   Older people need to watch out, just like when they get pheumonia.  If you want to live in fear, stay inside.   Do what you are comfortable doing.  
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mike DC

Is there a big ruckus about hospitals being overfilled?   I haven't been paying much attention to the details lately.  

The outbreak is booming.  The death rate is down around 1% because we've learned some things about treating severe Covid.  

IMO these days there is too much focus on the fatality angle and not enough on the "long covid" angle (problems lingering long after the person is "recovered").  The focus got this way for understandable reasons.  Last spring the death rate looked worse + we didn't have any long-term data on survivors yet.  But we need to adjust now.        

Kern Dog

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

If a representative were to promote the values that I agree with, I am likely to support him/her as opposed to one that pushes an agenda that I do not like.
I supported democrats until I started making decent money.

John_Kunkel

You may live to regret posting that last sentence.  :lol:

Kern Dog

Yeah, I edited it to avoid the wrath of the sensitive people here.

John_Kunkel

AKcharger

time for a course correction I see....

greycharger

Yes, if we choose to hunker down, it must be forever, never to leave the cave again. Those are our only two choices. Wearing a mask or missing a Thanksgiving is too much. 

If someone wants to show us bravery, they can video tape themselves licking door knobs.

AKcharger

XH29N0G

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 22, 2020, 09:08:23 AM

I talked to another nurse yesterday that is involved in a network of 7 hospitals and she confirmed like all others that the hospitals are not over filled and the numbers are all BS.   Older people need to watch out, just like when they get pheumonia.  If you want to live in fear, stay inside.   Do what you are comfortable doing.  

I think cars are better to talk about, but I also think anecdotes count.  I found out yesterday from my sister who is an infectious diseases doctor that they don't have an issue with people from their state and area filling up their hospitals, but are getting patients flown in from Idaho and the Dakotas.  May point to some places having an issue with space.  Also learned that a young parent of a family friend died from a relapse.  Had COVID in June, recovered.  Relapsed a few weeks ago and died. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....