News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painless Wiring Harness for the entire 69 Charger?

Started by tcs69rt, August 12, 2020, 06:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcs69rt

I did a search for painless on here and it seems the thread was 10+ years old? Anyone bought the entire Harness for their 69 Charger on here using Painless? My cars wiring is all original and very brittle. I want to replace it from front to back. I am going to call them tomorrow to clarify what I need because all I see on their site is this kit. Which seems to cover what I need.

Anyone bought this and had success? Thanks TC

https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/10127

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

birdsandbees

Why not just replace it with the correct M & H OE style harness(s) and save yourself from pulling your hair out??? Unless you are doing a lot of mods, EFI, Mega stereo, electric fans etc I just don't see the draw to reinvent the wheel and do a LOT of crimping..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

cdr

Quote from: birdsandbees on August 12, 2020, 07:37:21 PM
Why not just replace it with the correct M & H OE style harness(s) and save yourself from pulling your hair out??? Unless you are doing a lot of mods, EFI, Mega stereo, electric fans etc I just don't see the draw to reinvent the wheel and do a LOT of crimping..

THIS ^^^^^
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Nut

X3

M&H sold by Yearone makes the best plug and play wiring harnesses.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

69hemibeep

You might save money on the front end but the time saved with the M&H is worth it.  :2thumbs:

b5blue

Consider you or others trouble shooting in the future. Why I went with repop harness instead of making one, the FSM has very nice schematics. (You'll save a bunch waiting for a sale if you do buy from Legendary.)

tcs69rt

I see what ya'll mean by M & H, has all the correct fittings versus what Painless offers  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: tcs69rt on August 14, 2020, 12:38:02 PM
I see what ya'll mean by M & H, has all the correct fittings versus what Painless offers  :2thumbs:

If you do decide to go with M&H, Yearone has a 30% off sale every so often.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

tcs69rt

I would like 30% off of $989 but have yet to see it, best so far was an add for UP TO 30% off. After calling they said I could save $23 off the $989 price  :popcrn:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: tcs69rt on May 07, 2021, 11:51:07 AM
I would like 30% off of $989 but have yet to see it, best so far was an add for UP TO 30% off. After calling they said I could save $23 off the $989 price  :popcrn:

Save 30% until midnight Saturday, May 8th.

Use Code: PC6967

C500

I have nearly finished an M & H wiring kit for my 69. Got a buddy to wire it all up, but very pleased with it. As the guys say, "plug and play".
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

comet_666

I bought that kit, then I was told to send it back or sell it and get the factory ones from year one, I listened and saved myself what I am sure would have been a lot of work and headaches.

CDN72SE

I bought quite a few harnesses from YO and used their 30% off code.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

Derwud

Went with a American Autowire Classic Update... So much nicer then stock.. A lot of work, but ZERO headaches. Even used their Builder 19 Series on my Wagon as a Dash Harness and even Happier..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

tcs69rt

Mystery of the day! How in the hell are you guys getting 30% off a complete wiring harness from Year One? I called and they said UP to 30% off on some items, best they could do was $21 off a harness that was $989. So instead of a human I tried to online order it and in RED in the cart, it states NO promo or discounts for these items???   :shruggy:

b5blue

Mopar Nut

Quote from: tcs69rt on June 24, 2021, 01:41:17 PM
Mystery of the day! How in the hell are you guys getting 30% off a complete wiring harness from Year One? I called and they said UP to 30% off on some items, best they could do was $21 off a harness that was $989. So instead of a human I tried to online order it and in RED in the cart, it states NO promo or discounts for these items???   :shruggy:

What is the item number for the harness you were trying to order?

BlueSS454

The American Autowire Classic Update harness is the way to go.  It is extremely labor intensive (I wired my 69 with it), but is eons better than the factory Mopar wiring.  I use those harnesses exclusively in every car that goes through my shop.
Tom Rightler

pipeliner

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 12, 2020, 09:16:39 PM

X3

M&H sold by Yearone makes the best plug and play wiring harnesses.
Even with the all of the mods that new factory harness can still work as good as anything updated with very little extra wiring. Just talk to Taco on here. He can hook you up, so glad I went that route!