News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reputable shop to rebuild Thermoquad?

Started by rockosocko, August 20, 2020, 03:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockosocko

Good afternoon guys n gals.
I've just traded for a couple 440's and one is a camper model. It is complete with Thermoquad and since it looks like it's been sitting for a while, I'd like to get it rebuilt/refreshed.

Is there anyone here or a shop that I can send it to for a rebuild?
Already got one stolen from a recomendation on FCBO.

Thanks

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

johnnycharger

Sorry, I don't know who can rebuild them. Pardon my ignorance but what is the value of an old Thermoquad? Seems most people are updating.,

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Bronzedodge

Thermoquads are awesome when they are in good working condition.
Mopar forever!

Hard Charger

Just rebuilt a thermoquad this winter.

Hoped to put it on a 72' 340 Demon.

Factory manifold was a square bore so the spread bore TQ would not work.

BSB67

Quote from: Hard Charger on August 25, 2020, 07:33:03 PM
Just rebuilt a thermoquad this winter.

Hoped to put it on a 72' 340 Demon.

Factory manifold was a square bore so the spread bore TQ would not work.

Get a spreadbore intake.  I think the 72's had them as original anyways.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Hard Charger

if i bought a new manifold it would not be a cast spread bore.

I pulled a old Carter off the shelf. Unfortunately It is pouring gas out of every gasket and whole possible, so it needs a rebuild also.

Looking to Run this Demon on the cheap. The money is going into the 71 Bee. Today i just got my new QF Brawler 750. So pretty.

Kern Dog

Quote from: rockosocko on August 20, 2020, 03:04:24 PM
Good afternoon guys n gals.
I've just traded for a couple 440's and one is a camper model. It is complete with Thermoquad and since it looks like it's been sitting for a while, I'd like to get it rebuilt/refreshed.

Is there anyone here or a shop that I can send it to for a rebuild?
Already got one stolen from a recomendation on FCBO.

Thanks

"Got one stolen from a recommendation... " What does this mean?

It would help to know where you are.
Out here in California, I use a guy that runs a Carburetor rebuild shop.  He is in Northern CA, Citrus Heights.
The Carburetor Factory. Marsi and Bob own the joint 916-723-2272

Kern Dog

Quote from: cdr on August 20, 2020, 05:01:00 PM
Try Harms automotive
Great choice for an OEM, show quality rebuild but maybe a bit spendy if the OP just wants a basic rebuild with no concern for the ink stamps and correct finishes needed to compete in shows.

maxwellwedge

I don't know if Scott at Harms does T-Quads....but every carb I have ever sent him, Holleys and Carters, run absolutely perfect out of the box. Zero issues. Worth every penny from that respect.

200MPH

Charger