News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting gun show last Saturday

Started by RiverRaider, September 02, 2020, 02:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRaider

Has anyone else noticed more women at gun shows this year?  I went on the second day of a three day show last Saturday.  Very busy show.  I was surprised at the number of female first time buyers.  I would also add well informed first time buyers.  I was glad I went as I picked up a few good deals and met a rifle vender that has some Road Runner parts.  A guy I told about the show went on Friday afternoon and said it was very busy and also mention that there was a lot of single women looking for guns.   
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

greycharger

Guns, yes, but were the gals able to buy any ammo? They have to go plinking to get hooked.

That's encouraging from a 2nd Amendment standpoint. Like the Republican House, Senate, and President trying to kill the ACA, once people have guns, they will let their wishes be known if the Democrats try anything after the November blow out.  People won't want to give up guns any more than they wanted to give up health care.

Kern Dog

Health care is not mentioned in the Constitution.
Women buying guns? Whey the heck not? If Police are neutered and the only thing protecting them is THEMselves, I am ALL for it.
What rapist or robber wants an armed victim?

RiverRaider

I always see a few women at the shows but this one was far more than I normally see.  Concerns about visiting their kids at college with the violent protesters on campus and traveling and getting pulled from the car
were the biggest concerns that I heard from the few I talked with.  They were able to get ammo even 9mm (not much if any on store shelves in my area) but by 11AM most good deals were gone. 
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

greycharger

Why not let women shoot?

Because every girlfriend I taught to shoot ended up out shooting me. Also, a friend's wife shot the barrel out of his AK with 30 round magazines. They'll act just like us, who wants that?

gtx6970

All the gun shows are here have been cancelled or postponed to a later date

I have enough guns, I need ammo for them all

dual fours

I like to reload. I will never run out of ammo.

A Native American Indian from out West once said, "Do not fear one man with many guns, fear one man with one gun."
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG