News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PROPER naffed off here, can I salvage this cock up?

Started by 68chargeruk, September 03, 2020, 02:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargeruk

Hi all

So first hurdle is i'm in the UK so stuff isn't easy to grab or return.

I've just received my final new loom from Year One, HU268B, I didn't have the car or dash to hand to know if I needed to choose the Oil Light or Oil Gauge option, as in HU268B or HU269B, yes just one number different and what I thought was just a light or gauge difference.

8 weeks later I get the loom and find a huge amount of difference, talking to M & H they simply say 'you might have a rally dash, buy HU269B" oh great, they're $700 each  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

So whilst I still can't believe on the Year One site both harnesses look EXACTLY the same in the photos but are completely different is there anything bar sending the bloody thing back and reordering the correct one?

HU268B has a huge circular plug on it which I'm told plugs into the rear of the clocks, mine has 5 copper/gold pins.
Hopefully the image of my clocks shows here?

Love some advice as this has been a huge costly and time wasting mistake.........on my part it would seem  :RantExplode:

Thanks all

68chargeruk

this is the plug thing I have on my new loom and this is also the rear of my clocks

Mopar Nut

You should be able to sell that one you bought locally, you have the rally dash with gauges. First, are you doing any kind of upgrades? Adding a aftermarket stereo?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

68chargeruk

no mate, no extras just as it came.

I've re read the description on the site and can see now it says 68 dodge, and the other says 68 dodge with oil gauge, little did I know they were two polar opposites in loom design grrrrrrr

what a kick in the nuts :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Where you opened the bag, Yearone I don't think would exchange it, they might if you want to pay shipping again. You'll be better off to sell it there and buy a new harness. If or when you buy another harness, ask for the upgraded bulkhead plug, yours might have four little square holes in it (not factory). Can you post a picture of the bulkhead plug?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

68chargeruk

Mopar Nut

Can you post a straight on picture, not at a angle.

68chargeruk

I can 2moro when I'm back with the car, what connector should I be asking for, is it different to the one I posted?

Mopar Nut

Yes, the one you posted looks like the upgraded plug from that angle, that's good news.

green69rt

Quote from: 68chargeruk on September 03, 2020, 03:36:25 PM
as in this?

if so thats what I got

I can't tell from your picture but....

M&H made some bad bulkhead connectors.  The problem is in the way the body is molded.  On each side where the little ears stick out (that hold the plugs), there is a hole that goes all the way though the body.  Not a good thing as engine compartment gas can get into the passenger compartment.  A little RTV will fix it, just be aware.

68chargeruk

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 03, 2020, 03:50:36 PM
Yes, the one you posted looks like the upgraded plug from that angle, that's good news.
thats one good thing at least haha

68chargeruk

Quote from: green69rt on September 03, 2020, 04:58:50 PM
Quote from: 68chargeruk on September 03, 2020, 03:36:25 PM
as in this?

if so thats what I got

I can't tell from your picture but....

M&H made some bad bulkhead connectors.  The problem is in the way the body is molded.  On each side where the little ears stick out (that hold the plugs), there is a hole that goes all the way though the body.  Not a good thing as engine compartment gas can get into the passenger compartment.  A little RTV will fix it, just be aware.

Thanks for the tip :2thumbs:

70 sublime

Umm the picture you posted of the back of your dash to show the pins has one pin broken off and missing I hope you already know  :shruggy:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

68chargeruk

I did notice that, will that just affect one gauge or render them all useless do you know?

70 sublime

Looks like that is the post to make the lights in the dash work so the gauges should still be fine
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dano 1

Not to hijack the original discussion but I have a couple spare circuit boards with all pins intact if you need one.  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com