News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some input on a brake kit wheels and tires.

Started by bigdsul, September 03, 2020, 04:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdsul

I'm looking at getting a 4 wheel disk brake kit from summit https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-mdc42dcz for my 70 charger RT that is being resorted.

I would like to know if any of you guys have used this setup for your cars and any pros or cons with it.

I'm also trying to decide on wheels and tires for the charger as well. The standard bolt pattern is 5 by 4.5 inches right?

Also if you guys have any pictures of what you put on your cars I'd like to see it. I was thinking about doing a basic cragar black 15 inch wheel. I'd like to get an 8 inch wide for the front and 10 inch wide for the rears.

darbgnik

I would not use this complete kit. The booster is all kinds of incorrect.

FWIW, I installed the Right Stuff detailing front kit, which was OK. You can see my thoughts on it in my build thread.

If I had my time back, I would have just bought everything from Cass at DR Diff. His prices are similar, products probably better, and his knowledge is worth buying from him. He also sells, the more correct MBM repop booster, plus all the lines you need etc.

And last note, unless you're going to get into some seriously sporting driving, think road course, the only reason to swap to discs in the back is because they look better......
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

68chargeruk

I'm in the UK and bought the Dr Diff front discs after advice on here, I'll second Cass's knowledge and helpfulness is second to none.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 68chargeruk on September 16, 2020, 05:04:36 AM
I'm in the UK and bought the Dr Diff front discs after advice on here, I'll second Cass's knowledge and helpfulness is second to none.

X3
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."