News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger brakes

Started by nchrome, September 04, 2020, 09:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nchrome

Okay guys  l need the heelp of some old timers here. A while back l replaced my brake shows on the back of my car and noticed that there weren't no self adjusters back there. Did some chargers make it off the line without them.  Judging from how some things were done on my car by the previous owner l just don't know.  Can ya all help

mr. hemi

You did not say which brakes your Charger is equipped with, but if it has 11" drums, front and rear, they do not have self adjusters. They nee to be manually adjusted periodically.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

nchrome

Thanks thats what l wanted to know. Yes it did have 11 drum front and back. But l converted the fronts to disc. Everything is new hard lines and all. l thought it was a little strange not having self adjusters but it what it is. l'll leave it be cause its not that hard to adjust anyway.