News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine brackets and pulleys paint?

Started by Puzbie, September 05, 2020, 08:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puzbie

Simple question:  Do I need to use high temperature paint for the belt pulleys and brackets for the alternator, A/C etc?  :shruggy:  I am assuming not, but wanted to check with the experts first  :icon_smile_big:

John_Kunkel

By no means an "expert", but it's widely accepted that these parts were dipped in the cheapest enamel available.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

gtx6970

Ive always used a low gloss black engine enamel

Puzbie

Thanks... I think I am going to pick up some Dupli-color engine paint tomorrow

BrianShaughnessy

I drop my pulleys and brackets off at the powder-coater in town on the way to work  and sometimes he has them done on my way home.    :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

blakemon

I used black engine enamel paint also. Just remember that prep is the key.

Kern Dog

Some guy in the local Mopar club said that the factory "dipped" parts like these. The procedure isn't exactly clear but was something like a large vat with water with a thin film of paint resting on top of the water. The part was slowly dunked into the vat and pulled back out. This allowed for zero overspray. It seems strange to me. I've never tried it but it does sound interesting.