News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Grille Script Emblem Question

Started by bill440rt, September 08, 2020, 11:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

OK gang, hopefully someone on here can help me with this.
I've been restoring a bunch of grilles lately, and finishing up a 68. Not sure how I ever missed this.
I'm about to install the Charger script emblem, and noticed this center section is missing the little square mounts between the fins where the emblem pins normally go through. There were NO repairs in this area, looks like they were never even there to begin with.
I've never seen a center section without the emblem holes. Maybe an early design?  :shruggy:
Question is, if anyone has a center section like this, how does the emblem attach? Are there special fasteners for this? Normally it's just speed nuts, but without the emblem holes there's nothing the nuts would tighten against, just the fins.
Any ideas? Thanks!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

cdr

Just looked at my 68, it has little blocks with holes for the emblem, someone could have cut,ground & sanded them off & it would look like they were never there,
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

bill440rt

Quote from: cdr on September 08, 2020, 12:06:18 PM
Just looked at my 68, it has little blocks with holes for the emblem, someone could have cut,ground & sanded them off & it would look like they were never there,

Again, this center section was untouched. They were never there to begin with.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

70 sublime

Could it be something like an R/T vs regular Charger and the script is on the head light door instead kind of thing ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green