News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No cup holders? No problem !

Started by Canadian1968, September 11, 2020, 05:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

One of the pet peeves I have had with my 68 charger lately that it does not have any cup holders . So brain storming I thought how nice it would be to have 2 in the center console . BUT there was no way I was going to hack up any part of it .

So this was my solution. I removed the lid of the factory center console storge box. Took some measurements and started building !
I just used 1/8 and 1/4 hard board. The cup holder inserts were bought off amazon for 20 bucks . After everything was built and glued together i primed the entire piece with 2k primer to seal off the wood give a nice surface to paint. I painted everything a satin black . Then got some chrome wrap. I cut the wrap to the correct widths and we'll. .. the pics tell the rest.

really happy with how it turned out ! Ohh and the switch is for Line Lock.

Canadian1968

XH29N0G

I guess I am lucky with a 1970.  I think I have cup holders in the door of the glovebox.   :yesnod:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Nacho-RT74

NEAT!

Quote from: XH29N0G on September 11, 2020, 07:16:44 PM
I guess I am lucky with a 1970.  I think I have cup holders in the door of the glovebox.   :yesnod:

Well, if you really thing THOSE can really be used while driving LOL.

( 71/74 got them too )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mike DC

That looks really nice.   :cheers:

Make sure you seal up the wood/MDF on all sides.

blakemon

Back N Black

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Canadian1968

forgot to put some pics of it installed !

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Canadian1968

they are used every time I drive the car now . If not for beverage, my phone , wallet ect. Did a little more adjusting since those pics pretty happy with them !