News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car will not start (electrical) what am I missing?

Started by AKcharger, September 12, 2020, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Well..it's running again. I swapped out the ECU, nothing, then swapped out the Distributor...at 1st nothing so I replaced the the Voltage regulator and was shootting wires when I noticed I never plugged in the distributor, so pluged it in and it fired right up. So Distributor??I need to drive it and make sure it doesn't repeat

Nacho-RT74

Well as I told ( and not saying I'm right on your case ) in my experience, when I had a random start up failure ( and wasn't the ECU ) I shaked the dist plug and started up, this took me to replace the pickup coil and never more got that fail. Took me to get the conclusion about a wire break ( strands cut )  into the dist pigtail/plug, even still the pick up coil itself was good.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AKcharger

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on September 29, 2020, 04:00:38 AM
Well as I told ( and not saying I'm right on your case ) in my experience, when I had a random start up failure ( and wasn't the ECU ) I shaked the dist plug and started up, this took me to replace the pickup coil and never more got that fail. Took me to get the conclusion about a wire break ( strands cut )  into the dist pigtail/plug, even still the pick up coil itself was good.

Thanks Nacho...If it keeps up that's the 1st place I'm going!

AKcharger

Well it's still doing great, put 40 miles on it yesterday. Winggled wires and everything...guess it was distributor!