News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

employment subsidy for contract labor and self employed

Started by greycharger, September 14, 2020, 03:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greycharger

Any experience? Congress provided funds for the self-employed to be given out back when the $600 was added to unemployment, but not all States released the funds. South Dakota did not. Did any State? It certainly didn't get much press, so nobody knows about it.

RallyeMike

WA did for self-employed as I know someone who applied and got it. That person is back to work now with the relaxed restrictions in WA so I believe it ended.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

RiverRaider

WI has something called PUA for the self employed.  If you have not worked for an employer that pays into unemployment insurance in the last 18 months you can apply for PUA right away if you did work for someone else
it get complicated but possible.  With WI PUA it may be possible to collect if are the primary caregiver of your child and your kid has to school from home and you stop working to help with that.
With SD not locking down as hard maybe the reason they did not set up the program.   WI also has LWA Lost wages assistance that gives and extra 300 per week.  That money comes from FEMA and has limited funds for about three weeks or when the money runs out.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

XH29N0G

I hope it works out for you and am of the opinion that this should all be done as equitably as possible. I'm in the public sector and just yesterday was sent a message saying that my salary would be reduced by about 10K for the next year, it could be more if things don't improve. The reason for this rather than furlough is because it is easier to implement and requires me to be on the job (not take days off).  I couldn't anyway and had to work through the past furloughs anyway because what I do does not have a stop and requires it be done.  Tell the truth it's been a lot more work trying to juggle things with the new ways that things are being done.

I think there's going to be pain for a number of us and I know there has been pain for a number of us already.  I'm grateful for having a job and also for the decision to cut pay rather than cut people.  The place where I work is doing this in a graded way so those who get paid the least do not get hit.  I am on board with that.  
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....