News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8 3/4 differential markings; 1969 Charger

Started by hemi68charger, September 20, 2020, 02:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Operation 8 3/4 differential in my C500;
Here are some pictures of the rear axle housing for my 69 Charger 500. I also include pictures from my friend's 69 Charger R/T SE equipped with a 3.55 sure-grip. I can see where his housing reflects 591, which will be on his broadcast sheet, my stenciling, based on the broadcast sheet should be 592. It is my understanding that would be 3.23 sure-grip.
His third member has quite the paint codes and I am sure all that equates to 3.55 sure-grip. What would the 3.23 equivalent be? He has the white circle with an "X" which, if I recall means the sure-grip or the housing has been filled with gear lube. What's up with the big yellow "B"? What I am basically getting to in the stenciling/markings I would expect on a 3.23 sure-grip on a Hemi Car(not it matters). My friend's axle housing also has some white stenciling on the other tube. What's up with that?

Anyone with good examples of 1969 Charger with 3.23 sure-grip?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection