News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Goodbye Kimber....

Started by Drache, September 20, 2020, 04:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

It's with great regret that I report that my puppy Kimber passed away. I put her out in the yard an hour before and when I went to check on her, she was gone. Looks like her heart gave out. She was 5 months old as of today. :(

It wasnt a poison or anything she ate. No foaming of the mouth, no vomitting, no signs of a struggle, and her eyes weren't rolled back, still looking straight ahead. She passed instantly and fell onto her side.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mike DC

:'(

Only 5 months old?   

XH29N0G

Drache, Sorry to hear about this.  I remember the cute picture you posted of her a few months ago.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

ODZKing

I am so sorry, I know what it is like to loose a family member like that.
I have had to put several pets down over the years and I have cried like a baby. I think it is harder than loosing a human family member in some cases.
God speed Kimber.

greycharger

I just called mine over and hugged him.  GSD's are such good dogs.

AKcharger

stripedelete

69bronzeT5

I'm so sorry to hear that man!! My sincere condolences :engel016: :bawling:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

Birdflu

Kern Dog

Sad news. It always hurts to lose a pet.
Not too long ago, someone that I know had a Border Collie that was barely a year old. The dog was great until it started slowing down, getting lazy and then just wouldn't do much. The vet checked him out and found that the poor dog had some heart problem. I don't know the rest of the story on that but maybe the same thing happened to Kimber?

Lennard

I'm very sorry for your loss. :'(

greycharger

ACUDANUT

I wonder if She/He died of parvo ? Sorry for your loss.  It sucks BAD

Drache

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 21, 2020, 02:11:45 PM
I wonder if She/He died of parvo ? Sorry for your loss.  It sucks BAD

She was up on all her shots. Vet figured it was either a stroke or an aneurysm due to being in perfect health and dying on her feet.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ACUDANUT

I know this does not help, but my 10k Horse died at only 15. (average life is 30-35)...... Unless it was owned but the Amish. They go through Horses like tires. Sad.

Drache

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 21, 2020, 04:33:17 PM
I know this does not help, but my 10k Horse died at only 15. (average life is 30-35)...... Unless it was owned but the Amish. They go through Horses like tires. Sad.

One of my horses died about 4 years back. Same sort of circumstances, just walking along and fell over dead.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

XH29N0G

Even though we know it happens but it is never pleasant.  My sister's dog died in the car on the way to the vet - one moment running along into trees and stuff  (not too bright a dog) and the an hour later all floppy and pale with pale gums.  I remember my dad saying this animal is dying.  We loaded it into the car and it died on the passenger seat. 

With death of anything we can take the memory and hang on to it.  Maybe adopt it as something we liked moving forward.  That is one way to deal with it, but comforting because we carry the good things with us.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Drache

The fiance and I made a box to hold our puppy's ashes. Inside is her favorite pillow case, her two favorite toys, her leash from when we first got her and her dog tag. The inside of the lid will be signed by those that knew her and loved her. This will be buried deep in the Garden where she used to love to play.

The Vet will also be giving us a paw print on Canvas that we will be putting with a picture, her last collar, and one of her baby teeth that fell out last week.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BLK 68 R/T

Damn man! so sorry to hear about your dog.

Drache

Some close friends got us these. The stone we will place where we found her. The pendants are made to hold some of her ashes and have her name inscribed onto the back.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Kern Dog

These pets of ours get into our hearts and really take hold of us.  :pity:

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

67440chrg

Sorry for your loss. I have had a few great dogs in my life it hurts when they leave us.

69rtse4spd

So sorry to hear this, they are family

Bayareacharger

Sorry for your loss. German shepherds are the greatest family dog ever.
It doesn't matter how your car looks, as long as you have one.

68charger440

Sorry for your loss.  I loved the dogs I have had more than most people I have known. :'(  I never had a falling out with any of my dogs, they just loved me through thick and thin!
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

426HemiChick

Hi 68charger440,                    20 October 2020

You have our condolences, We have lost many pooches over our lifetimes. Every time it happens buckets of tears have been shed. Reading your tribute to Kimber caused our eyes to leak profusely. Below is a poem by an unknown author; it's called:

Rainbow Bridge

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."

Author unknown...

We love this poem. We truly believe we will be with our pets when our time comes. One last thing: Dog is God spelled backwards.

Rest in Peace Kimber

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

PS: Dogs Leave Foot Prints On Our Hearts
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

ACUDANUT

Damn, I bet I don't get any posts on my death, and I am not a dog. :Twocents:

Drache

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 20, 2020, 06:14:07 PM

Sorry, never even realized you were dead. You have my condolences on your passing.   :smilielol:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

68charger440

... and they say there are no such thing as ghosts :smilielol:
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

426HemiChick

Hi Drache, 68charger440,                  20 October 2020

We had no Idea she passed on; thanks for the heads up. We now believe in Ghosts.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Drache on October 20, 2020, 06:51:09 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 20, 2020, 06:14:07 PM

Sorry, never even realized you were dead. You have my condolences on your passing.   :smilielol:

No worries here.  When You and I die, I bet it does not have any, if at all posts. (compared to dog). SAD.

Drache

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 22, 2020, 02:36:15 PM
No worries here.  When You and I die, I bet it does not have any, if at all posts. (compared to dog). SAD.

Speak for your self. I'm sure when I go there will be LOTS of posts about my passing!

"Thank God he is finally gone!" 

"About damn time!"

:D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

68charger440

...and don't forget all the requests for your car! :brickwall:

426HemiChick

Hi ACUDANUT,                          22 October 2020

We just want to wish you well and hope you have a long and blessed life ahead. Please take care of yourself, stay safe and healthy.

Best Always; God Bless you and your loved ones,

426 Hemi Chicks