News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 AMD door skin question

Started by 68ChargerJMP, September 21, 2020, 01:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

I had to redo one of my door skins with an AMD door skin and it has what appears to be an extra hole for the door trim. It is on the top of the door nearest the quarter panel, right on the end. Could this be a place to tack it to the door frame, because when it is set in place, the door frame is under the hole? I looked at my door skin (Classic Body Design...remember them?) and it has 6 holes, the AMD skin has 7. It either has too many or mine doesn't have enough...Thanks.

BLK 68 R/T

Earlier models did not have the rear most stud clip to retain the top of door trim.

68ChargerJMP

Thanks. What would be the best option? Drill the hole on through the door frame and put an extra clip on it?

cdr

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on September 23, 2020, 04:54:40 PM
Thanks. What would be the best option? Drill the hole on through the door frame and put an extra clip on it?

My late 68 has the extra hole in it
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr