News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Home Depot and Lowes military scams

Started by ACUDANUT, September 21, 2020, 04:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

They claim they give 10 percent off for Military.  Go to check out and it's only on a few select items.  Thought I would pass the info on.

dual fours

ACUDANUT, good information for those who need to know before they ''ring it up''.
My experience here is only with Lowes.  I remember it as 10% across the board with everything a few years back (well maybe really more then 20 years back now that I think of it) with Military (must show ID) and employees. Then I was told that it was that way up till some employees and others started to make it a business by using the discount for ''Non personal use".
Many years ago for me being a contractor, I was told I could only get ''contractor pricing'' if I open a credit account with Lowes and use their charge card when I buy. I'm not sure anymore if that only included ''select items''. I am sure they would make back the 10%+ on unpaid balances on some people's charge accounts.
I have no charge accounts with Big Box stores.
For sure,  maybe 10 years ago I asked again about ''contractor discount pricing'' and was told ''Discount On Select items using a Lowes charge card". I said ''No thank you'' and walked away.       
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Gold Rush

Partly true - partly not....

Both stores do indeed honor the military discount system for the most part.  Items already on sale very close to wholesale are not discounted.  Like most stores these days the manufactures offer big price breaks to them for promotional sales and that comes with the "no further discount" rule.  I purchase a lot from Lowe's and Home Depot and usually save.  On big ticket items you can have them check eligibility before heading to the checkout.  Sometimes there are alternate items that will do the job and allow the discount.
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

ACUDANUT

No Discount on Electrical items or wood.  :brickwall:

Gold Rush

Is it possible these decisions are being made at the local level?  I bought some deck boards last week and got the 10% discount..  :shruggy:  :shruggy:
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

hemi71x

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 21, 2020, 04:17:53 PM
They claim they give 10 percent off for Military.  Go to check out and it's only on a few select items.  Thought I would pass the info on.

I don't believe that to be true.
Where did you come up with that miss information?
Every item that i purchase at Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, gives me a 10% discount on anything that i buy.
Recently purchased a clothes dryer at Lowes that was on sale, and they gave a 10% military discount, off the sale price, too.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

ACUDANUT

I'd be happy to show you my receipts.
Anyway, I found out they are all independently owned. Just depends on where you live. I looked into this and read their disclaimer too.  :cheers:

hemi71x

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 27, 2020, 09:05:09 AM
Anyway, I found out they are all independently owned. Just depends on where you live. I looked into this and read their disclaimer too.  :cheers:

Ok.
Then you need to amend your heading, posting, stating it's not a Home Depot scam.
You would be passing on fake news.

Be glad to see your receipts.
Show me yours, I'll show you mine.   :whistling:

hemi71x

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 27, 2020, 09:05:09 AM
Anyway, I found out they are all independently owned. Just depends on where you live. I looked into this and read their disclaimer too.  :cheers:

Where did you find out that Lowes, Home Depot stores are owned by individuals?
All those stores are corporation owned, and not by any single one person.
I didn't see anything on the internet, other than all corporate enterprises.

My information stated veterans discounts, every day, all day, and not specific locations.

https://www.lowes.com/u/login?context=military

Home Depot's 10% Military Discount Policy
An online customer service rep recently gave me this information about Home Depot military discounts:

Year-round: Home Depot's military discount is offered throughout the year.
10% Military Discount: Home Depot's 10% discount is applicable to purchases with a $500 maximum discount. There are some exclusions, including installation products or services, Gift Cards, special buy appliances, and some commodities, such as building materials. The discount is not available for online purchases.
Eligibility – U.S. stores: The discount is offered in the U.S. to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families. Veterans who do not have a VA service-connected disability rating may only be eligible for the military discount during national holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterans Day.
Military ID: To use Home Depot's discount, you should present acceptable proof of military service.

hemi71x

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 27, 2020, 09:11:40 PM
members.veteransadvantage.com/offers/home-depot-10.

I don't care anymore.

GOOD.
Your part of the Fake News Network.