News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater Box Control Linkage Adjustments

Started by Zeroman, September 21, 2020, 06:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeroman

Hello,
I'm working on adjusting the linkages and door positions for my heater box in a 69 AC car. I have the service manual and on page 24-12 it refers to the correct door positions but I'm having trouble identifying a couple of them. Obviously the two round ones at the top are the Defroster Doors, the large one in the front is the Air Conditioning Door and the insulated one on the passengers side in front of the blower is the Recirculating Door. The manual also refers to a Fresh Air Door and Heater Door. Can someone tell me where these are?
Also for heating it says 70% supply to the floor and 30% to the defrosters, in defrost mode the percentage reversed. How are these percentages achieved. It says "At the same time a rod between the AC door bell crank and the defroster door pivot bell crank forces and defroster doors open slightly overcoming the defroster actuator to provide an air bleed to the defrosters" What???? :shruggy:

Thank you for your help,