News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona back window glass

Started by 70 sublime, October 15, 2020, 07:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                     21 October 2020

Still no luck. Have gone through everything on my desk, nothing DC, SB backlight related found. Lots of other stuff. Will keep looking but please don't hold your breath, it's looking dimmer all the time.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

kevs1969daytona

Guy has one in Calgary for sale wants $1000

he's on facebook  under Edmonton Mopar buy and sell (Richard Squire) "b body parts 68-70"

"Was gonna do a daytona clone but my plans fell through. Looking to recoup my costs to fund the 46 Buick I'm hotrodding.
I'll sell individual or all together.
Can provide better pictures by request.
Windshield 450 (brand new non tinted)
Side glass original 75 each
Quarter glass original 75 each
Vent assembly with window and rubber 200 each
Tail lights 200 each
Daytona/500 rear windshield 1000"

cdr

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on October 25, 2020, 07:58:50 PM
Guy has one in Calgary for sale wants $1000

he's on facebook  under Edmonton Mopar buy and sell (Richard Squire) "b body parts 68-70"

"Was gonna do a daytona clone but my plans fell through. Looking to recoup my costs to fund the 46 Buick I'm hotrodding.
I'll sell individual or all together.
Can provide better pictures by request.
Windshield 450 (brand new non tinted)
Side glass original 75 each
Quarter glass original 75 each
Vent assembly with window and rubber 200 each
Tail lights 200 each
Daytona/500 rear windshield 1000"

That looks like a Superbird rear window to me
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

r4daytona

Anyone can correct me if i'm incorrect but the difference I was told to look for when comparing the Tona glass to a vega is that the top edge of the Daytona glass has a curve (the vega glass is straight) ---and the bottom edge of the Tona is straight and the vega is curved.  I've looked at some and that does seem to be true

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                       26 October 2020

Found it. I talked to these folks around Feb or Mar 2019. They said they could make an exact duplicate of a Daytona backlight. They quoted me $449.00. The glass would have the correct etching and date code.

Here's the info I have:

Pilkington Classics

https://www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/automotive/classic-glass-for-classic-cars

From what I understand, they custom make these windows.

I called the number and it is Pilkington's. Of course at this hour they are probably sleeping like most normal people.

Give them a call.

OK, done did my done do's.

Take care, I hope they can help you get the replacement glass you need/want.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

DAY CLONA

Quote from: cdr on October 25, 2020, 08:31:03 PM

uhmmmm...No

Old Moparz

A few years ago a glass dealer that sells on ebay had a NOS tinted rear window for a Vega that had the defroster on it. I was interested because it was brand new & had asked if the defroster was on the surface & if he thought it could be removed. He said it was on the surface but was unsure if it could easily be removed without damaging the glass. I ended up passing on it.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

cdr

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 27, 2020, 01:11:20 AM
Quote from: cdr on October 25, 2020, 08:31:03 PM

uhmmmm...No

LOL, I promise I have been wrong MORE than once :)
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr