News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sent my ‘69 Charger 1300+ miles for body/paint work! (Updated!)

Started by rikubot, October 02, 2020, 10:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

Here's a little update. Some front end parts got sandblasted and delivered today. Kevin said he was surprised at how good the stuff looked after blasting!

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

He got some epoxy primer put down on a few parts the other day. It's looking good!
'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

I'm jealous.
My project has been sitting for almost 2 months. Too many things getting in the way. Hopefully this week/ weekend things will start rolling again.
I need to order the Daytona kit from Janek because they have a lead time going.
Dang.
I want this done by next year sometime. My 50th high school class reunion is happening then. I would love to pull up in my clone.  ;)
This is probably just a dream though. I'm pushing for a goal though.

rikubot

The body man got a lot of work done this week. The valance got body-worked and fitted. The rear got body-worked as well:

'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

rikubot

Quote from: KurtfromLaQuinta on May 05, 2021, 11:00:55 PM
Is that a new AMD Taillight panel?

Yes mine was rust free but has some weirdness going on with it. The car may have been hit on the left side at one point in time.
'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: rikubot on May 06, 2021, 02:13:45 PM

Yes mine was rust free but has some weirdness going on with it. The car may have been hit on the left side at one point in time.
Mine had major weirdness... it wasn't rust free.  ;)
I'm so glad AMD makes those units... and the rounded ends.
My son looked at those and said do you realize how many hours it would take to form those pills?  :icon_smile_big:

rikubot

They really are doing some noble work by re-making these panels. Think of all the cars that have been saved only because they make the parts that are so badly needed. We must all be grateful for AMD!
'69 Charger, 440/727

Ryan

Make sure they test fit the tailights into the AMD panel before paint.  Mine had some fitment issues.  Just a heads up
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: Ryan on May 07, 2021, 09:37:08 PM

Make sure they test fit the tailights into the AMD panel before paint.  Mine had some fitment issues.  Just a heads up
Thanks for that.

rikubot

Quote from: Ryan on May 07, 2021, 09:37:08 PM

Thank you! Yes definitely good to know. I'll have to mention that to my body guy. He's done a Charger before with all new panels so he may know already but I did not send the tail lights with the car.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

This is a long shot but does anyone in the Asheboro area feel like letting my body guy test fit your tail lights so I don't have to ship mine?  :icon_smile_big:
'69 Charger, 440/727

Dano 1

What's his timeline on needing to fit the taillights? I might be able to make it down there, it's an hour or so ride so I'd just need to figure out when I could make it down that way.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

rikubot

He's just about ready to slap them in. I do think there are other things he could do first. You have no idea how much I appreciate that. I figured it would cost at least $50 to ship them and they are pretty fragile so that scares me lol. What would make it worth your time/gas?
'69 Charger, 440/727

Dano 1

1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

rikubot

The latest with Christine:

Kevin sanded the old epoxy (possibly spray bombed) off of the bottom of the deck lid and did new epoxy, just to be safe.

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I also noticed that the deck lid had some brazing in six different holes. Can anyone tell if that lid had a rack on it from the factory? The holes on the bottom look like they'd be in the right place for rack mounting bolts.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

A few more of the deck lid:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

The deck lid is body worked and primed up. Looking real smooth  :coolgleamA:
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Grille frame all dialed in:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Kevin has started blocking Christine for primer. Very exciting!

'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

rikubot

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Here are some pictures of the driver's side fender getting blocked:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

'69 Charger, 440/727