News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sent my ‘69 Charger 1300+ miles for body/paint work! (Updated!)

Started by rikubot, October 02, 2020, 10:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

Quote from: KurtfromLaQuinta on March 03, 2021, 02:54:45 PM
Nice progress!
What a nice mock up on the dash. Who needs a car?  ;)

Thank you I appreciate it!  :cheers:

Trust me I've thought about it. Just put a tv in front of it and a folding chair behind it. It would save a lot of money and headache haha
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 04, 2021, 06:42:39 AM
Excellent body work. Where did you get the front nose piece ?  You better get that engine ready !!

Thank you sir! I still have to go through the engine sadly.

The grille was in the car when I bought it. I had to do some plastic repair, sanding, and painting. It's still not perfect but it will do for me. The chrome is brand new from AMD.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Before and after of the hood from today:

'69 Charger, 440/727

keepat

Metal and bodywork look great!
Good luck with the build!
Pat

rikubot

Thanks Pat! Yours is looking great as well. I love that silver and black!
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I am fairly certain that I want her to end up B5 blue. I want it to be a little different though so I was thinking of a silver R/T stripe. Thoughts?

THIS ISNT MY CAR. I couldn't find any B5 Chargers with a silver stripe.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Here are some photos I've found online that represent the look I'm going for.

I want to have the tail light panel blacked out with the R/T emblem, the sail panels gotta have the Charger emblem, hard top, Magnum 500s - 15x8s on rear and 15x7s on front, although those bigger wheels on the car in the first picture sure do look good too. So far I'm leaning toward a black bumblebee stripe.

If you have any comments or recommendations I'd be glad to hear them!

'69 Charger, 440/727

hemi-hampton

Quote from: rikubot on March 12, 2021, 08:19:22 PM
Quote from: JB400 on March 11, 2021, 08:20:07 PM
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/get-show-car-paint-right-custom-color/

Not B5, but nice blue nonetheless.

I really like that one too  :coolgleamA:

6 days or 48 hours to sand & rub 2 Quarter Panels, So they probably got 200 hours sanding & rubbing the whole Car which would probably cost about $10,000.00. Now I know why the Guy that Bought my Old Charger decided not to get it Restored there, He did say they were to expensive for him so He's going to a more low Budget place unfortunately :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

rikubot

Yeah that's way out of my budget. I want to drive the car before I die haha. If it's on the road in the next year I'll be extremely happy. Even if it's just a drivetrain and body  ;D
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

He stripped the rockers and they look to be in good shape other than one big dent he's going to try to pull out:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Driver's side rocker finished. He welded some metal into where they leaded the quarter to rocker seam and did a skim coat of fiberglass and did the body work.

'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

Nice progress... nice work.
I can't wait until my Charger gets to this point.  :icon_smile_big:

rikubot

'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: rikubot on April 04, 2021, 11:14:54 PM
Did you decide where you are going to take it?
Yes.
I found a place local here in the desert. I've seen his work and I've talked to him numerous times. He seems to be on it and he really wants to do a "Daytona". Since he's never done one before.
We've already talked colors and what needs to be done. My son mostly... with my help... needs to wrap up the heavy metal work.
Now that it's getting hot...  ::) we'll hit it hard...  

rikubot

Awesome to hear that you are moving forward. Are you going to post progress pics on the Charger site? I'd love to see its transformation  :icon_smile_big:
'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: rikubot on April 06, 2021, 01:56:05 AM
Awesome to hear that you are moving forward. Are you going to post progress pics on the Charger site? I'd love to see its transformation  :icon_smile_big:
I've started to over here... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,139275.0.html
Click on that Ramcharger Central link there for a more complete story.
I'm trying to figure out the clunky way to post pictures here at DodgeCharger. I think I've figured it out... stupid resizing issues.  ::)
So I'll try to post pictures directly from now on.
We had a few things get in the way this last couple of months... the project came to a standstill.  My son and I will start to hit it hard hopefully by this weekend.

rikubot

She is looking real good Mr. Kurt  :cheers:

Spring time is just about perfect for working on cars. Keep us posted on the progress. You've got quite the build going on!

The image upload on here is definitely clunky. I've found that if I screen cap and crop on my iPhone 6s it seems to let them load up.
'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

Well, we have two season here in the desert. Spring and summer.
And spring can get quite toasty too.
We do have a big swamp cooler in my son's shop. And we have some decent fans too.
It can get quite ugly though.

rikubot

I was fairly certain that I wanted to paint my car B5 blue but lately I've been seen some red ones and a few others that have been making me doubt myself. If you have another idea or car that you really like, please feel free to post pictures of them here.
'69 Charger, 440/727

ACUDANUT

nchrome

ACUDANUT

I said yellow !!. But it can't be mustard yellow. !!  I have 2 bright as the sun yellow Mopars.