News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lug nut size help

Started by Evolution69, October 04, 2020, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evolution69

Hi
Ive picked up some cool old ansen sprint mag slots 15x10 rear and 7's up front, hopefully pic uploaded

I believe i need "shank" or "mag style" lug nuts, 
Ebay is a mind field with made in china parts

So decided to look for old vintage shank lugs, ive come across 1/2" and 7/16" and not sure which ones to get?

All so the original lugs on my charger have to be replaced anyway, so i can change these as well while im at it, any Recommendations?  Just want to keep the old school look "round top"  instead of opeln lug nuts,

Oh and is it ok to "convert' to right hand thread or keep it left

Thank you

Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

AKcharger

Good day Evolution!

- Yes need Shank style, see photos
- 20 x 1/2 is what you want
- The old American Racing Slots, which is what you have, use the shank. the new Ansen wheels have a cut out so you can safely get away with Acorn type. That is if you have the newer ones as well (Ansen never made 15x10)
- YES! ABSOLUTLY update from those dreadful threads...but changing those out are always a pain
- Nice choice on wheels, they'll look great but you'll have clearance problems so will beed Air Shocks or something
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,134183.25.html
- These look good https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-LUG-NUTS-1-2-CHROME-MAG-WHEEL-NUT-75-SHANK-CRAGAR-1-2-20-MOPAR-SS-FORD-SST/123222571788?hash=item1cb0a33b0c:g:du4AAOSwYUdbOEI1

Evolution69

Thank you for you reply

Mine are like the first pic,   No cut outs
I plan on raising the rear

Thanks for the info much appreciated

AKcharger

dual fours

Quote from: Evolution69 on October 04, 2020, 08:23:52 PM
Thank you for you reply

Mine are like the first pic,   No cut outs
I plan on raising the rear

Thanks for the info much appreciated
I'm confused. Am I reading this wrong? The first picture above has the cutouts (over bored hole???), so lug will not be shank style. I'm I correct on this? If not, let me have it. :slap:
The second picture uses shank style lug nuts. This wheel is what was called ''Unilug". Fits more then one diameter with five bolt/stud pattern. See the oval hole in the wheel.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Evolution69

Hi yes you are correct, the first pic has holes that are not "flat"  they have round cut outs, the second pic has cut outs for washers, i would all so call these multi lug rims

ACUDANUT

We call them tapered or acorns in my neck of the woods. :Twocents: