News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thoughts On This 70 ?

Started by JMF, October 05, 2020, 01:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Please could I get some opinions on this Charger I may be viewing

It's in Holland and I'm in the uk so want to get some opinions before making the journey

https://www.pttmgarage.com/cars/8200/Dodge/Charger_Tripple_black

Many thanks

taxspeaker

The car looks great! I see a couple of things I would be concerned about:
1st-the wiring in the engine concerns me-evidently it has been "added to" manually and I would look very closely at that-rare there relays and are the firewall and battery splices professional, very well insulated and secure.
2nd. My bigger concern is the copper used for the fuel lines-coppoer becomes brittle after awhile and flaring of fittings also can cause issues. It looks great but I would not use it personally.

DownZero

What is that price in US dollars?

70 sublime

Looks OK

Not sure I like the way the park brake cable is under the exhaust on the right side
Looks like it is touching

Simple fix
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mopar Nut

A 70 charger with 69 taillights, they're calling it a 1970 (rare 69' 1/2 model!)

:shruggy:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Wingnut426

Cheap aftermarket wiper arms. Another easy fix. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

GT

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 05, 2020, 02:58:28 PM
A 70 charger with 69 taillights, they're calling it a 1970 (rare 69' 1/2 model!)

Base model 70's had the chrome trim around the tail lights - like the 69's.   The R/T (and i think 500's?) had the full aluminum blacked out tail panel.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

cdr

Cheep a$$ battery cable ends,,   WHY WHY WHY do they do that  :brickwall:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

AKcharger

Looks good. Nice thing about Black is it will show ANY bad bodywork...can't hide anything

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

AKcharger

sounds about right for the continent

70 sublime

The interior
The top of the doors is just painted metal where the back seat has the padded tops
Not sure about front seat hinge covers area , What is that screw with a washer ?

Exhaust has no cross over pipe to it if that matters

In the word description
Engine rebuilt
Says estimated 400 hp
Wonder what parts they used and why they guessed 400 hp ?

In the word description also says

Some of the cars long list of factory additional options:

- Tripple black

- 383 cui big block V8

- Front to back new exhaust system.

- PTTM build TF727 trans

- Black vinyl top

- Power steering

- Power brakes

- Front disc brakes

- 3spd wiper motor

- Wheel opening moldings

- Rally mirrors

- Bucket seats

- Sub frame connectors

- Floor shifter

- Drip rail moldings

- Stereo

- Custom alu wheels * (Original wheels on request)

- All new performance tires.

- Front and rear bumper guards

- Wood grain rally steering wheel

- SS style RT suspension (all new)

- RT Red stripe

- And more!

Is there any proof it was originally triple black ?
Says sub frame connectors in the same section which were never a factory option

Also says 3 speed wind shield wipers but in the pictures it is only a 2 speed motor

Says floor shifter but the car has a column shift

Says rally mirrors but I only see one on the driver door nothing on passenger door

Just some of the little things I see
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

darbgnik

Wrong brake booster, and the horn relay should be under the dash in a 70 I think, if we're nit picking, lol.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

hemi-hampton

Looks nice to me. Lots of Money & Labor in it. LEON.

jefferson

Far to many wrong things for my liking.
And the grill
Why?
Wheels. Why?
Yea all easy fixes but for that money there shouldnt have to be any easy fixes.
Id keep looking.

cdr

It does have some issues, still a nice looking car. how many 2nd gen Chargers is there to choose from Overseas ????
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemi-hampton

If your looking for a correct all original looking car then you probably won't like this car. Besides that flaw looks nicer then the other perfume on a pig cars I've seen & would not call this one perfume on a pig.  :shruggy:  LEON.

Kern Dog

Quote from: GT on October 05, 2020, 03:13:00 PM

Base model 70's had the chrome trim around the tail lights - like the 69's.   The R/T (and i think 500's?) had the full aluminum blacked out tail panel.

Not so fast. The 1970 XH Charger had some cost cutting features like NO taillight panel trim, no upper pads on the doors or rear inner quarters, NO clock or tach, the chrome around the taillight lenses is one that I had not heard of.
The cars below are both December 1969 built 1970 models. The red one has the reflectors , the other does not. It is possible that the beater has had the lenses replaced at some time in the history though that car sat wrecked and ignored since around 1995.

Kern Dog

More.

Kern Dog

Final.

dual fours

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 10, 2020, 08:02:32 PM
Quote from: GT on October 05, 2020, 03:13:00 PM

Base model 70's had the chrome trim around the tail lights - like the 69's.   The R/T (and i think 500's?) had the full aluminum blacked out tail panel.

Not so fast. The 1970 XH Charger had some cost cutting features like NO taillight panel trim, no upper pads on the doors or rear inner quarters, NO clock or tach, the chrome around the taillight lenses is one that I had not heard of.
The cars below are both December 1969 built 1970 models. The red one has the reflectors , the other does not. It is possible that the beater has had the lenses replaced at some time in the history though that car sat wrecked and ignored since around 1995.
My sources say Reflectors in the Tail lights would not be on a 1970 built in 1969. Tail light reflectors were required on and after 1/1/1970 built cars.
The beater has no reflectors, which is correct.  
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

MoparMike68

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 10, 2020, 06:50:48 PM
If your looking for a correct all original looking car then you probably won't like this car.
My thoughts exactly when buying a RestoMod it's almost impossible to like everything there will always be added touches
to make it your own. Nitpicking wheels, wipers and battery cables seems petty and pointless.
When shopping for cars like these you need to focus on the big ticket items drivetrain, suspension, body and paint.  :Twocents:

XH29N0G

March 1970 XH tail lights.  First two were original.  Last one should be same tail light but cleaned up after restoration. Slight differences from KD's XH.  Same no upper door pads (mine are metal), no tach/clock (I got a laser sighting device), I do have chrome around the tail lights.  

My thoughts on the resto mod aspect are, if it is done well and you like it (I do) then jump.  Otherwise, wait.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

ACUDANUT

Quote from: MoparMike68 on October 11, 2020, 07:44:35 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 10, 2020, 06:50:48 PM
If your looking for a correct all original looking car then you probably won't like this car.
My thoughts exactly when buying a RestoMod it's almost impossible to like everything there will always be added touches
to make it your own. Nitpicking wheels, wipers and battery cables seems petty and pointless.
When shopping for cars like these you need to focus on the big ticket items drivetrain, suspension, body and paint:Twocents:

I agree 100 percent.  Body condition (all of it) is theee most critical. Most of your money should be concerned there.

GT

Quote from: XH29N0G on October 11, 2020, 08:38:56 AM
March 1970 XH tail lights.  First two were original.  Last one should be same tail light but cleaned up after restoration. Slight differences from KD's XH.  Same no upper door pads (mine are metal), no tach/clock (I got a laser sighting device), I do have chrome around the tail lights. 

That's consistent with what i have seen, and same as my plum crazy charger.  My 70 tail lights have the same chrome trim and reflector.   Here are a couple of other example, along with a page on the charger line up that shows the same for XH.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8