News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original 15 X 7 Rally wheel 3" Trim Ring Core FOUND!

Started by Mopar John, October 08, 2020, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

Recently I have sent my original Superbird trim rings in for restoration.
I have been told that 1 or maybe 2 of my original trim rings may have too deep of curb rash to come out real nice.
So I am looking for 1or 2 cores that have light or minimal curb rash or small dents.
If you have one collecting dust hanging from a nail in your shop let me know.
To be sure it's an original trim ring for a 15 X 7 wheel lay it on the floor and put a board across the top.
Then measure the distance between the floor and board.
This measurement should be 3".
I have attached a picture of a couple of trim rings and it should also have grippers that look like the one on the right.
contact me at: jnborzych@gmail.com with a picture and price.
Thanks!

Wingnut426

Do you need brushed or polished trim rings? Can they take a brushed ring and polish it? WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

66FBCharger

I'd like to have my original 15"x 7" trim rings redone. Who restores them? What is the ball park cost per trim ring? I know condition etc, determines price. I'm just wondering if they are $100 each or $500 each.
Thanks,
John
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Mopar John

Quote from: Wingnut426 on October 09, 2020, 09:20:11 AM
Do you need brushed or polished trim rings? Can they take a brushed ring and polish it? WINGNUT
Pete,
I would prefer a polished trim ring core but I'm told they can polish or brush when they are done so either one would work.
Thanks! MJ

Mopar John

Quote from: 66FBCharger on October 09, 2020, 11:23:30 AM
I'd like to have my original 15"x 7" trim rings redone. Who restores them? What is the ball park cost per trim ring? I know condition etc, determines price. I'm just wondering if they are $100 each or $500 each.
Thanks,
John
John,
The current price is $120.00 per ring and you have to pay shipping both ways.
It ends up being around $175.00 per ring plus your core.
The cores can not have deep curb rash that gets down into the line stamped into the outside edge.
That is what has got me to this want ad.
I have 1 or maybe 2 that won't come out real nice because of deep curb rash.
MJ

66FBCharger

Quote from: Mopar John on October 09, 2020, 08:41:51 PM
Quote from: 66FBCharger on October 09, 2020, 11:23:30 AM
Thanks,
John
John,
The current price is $120.00 per ring and you have to pay shipping both ways.
It ends up being around $175.00 per ring plus your core.
The cores can not have deep curb rash that gets down into the line stamped into the outside edge.
That is what has got me to this want ad.
I have 1 or maybe 2 that won't come out real nice because of deep curb rash.

MJ,
Could you message me or reply here with the contact info to get the trim rings redone, please?
Thanks,
John

MJ
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

B5 Charger