News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint code help...local shop can't find FK5 (F5) burnt orange 1970

Started by AKcharger, October 10, 2020, 08:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Anyone shoot it lately or have paint friends? I didnt think it would be hard but seems PPG doesn't make it anymore and they were the "go to" company
Thanks in advance!!

69hemibeep

hemi-hampton

Don't see why a Paint Supply Store couldn't mix it themselves unless a tint or binder not available which seems unlikely. I could see what they used to call a Factory Pak not available. I bet I could mix it at my shop??? LEON.

P.S. I got a old can of it in Lacquer if Interested?

AKcharger

Copy...yeah my last shoot was PPG Omni, actually held up well for over17 years. but theire not making it anymore appearently.

H-H...lol Lacquer no, I'm good, thanks!

PlainfieldCharger

Just got 2 gallons of 2135 at the local PPG dealer . Shopline brand..looks and sprays well...

hemi-hampton

PPG Omni got replaced by Shopline. both there low budget brand. Both of those are famous for bad color match & not holding up well if exposed to the weather. LEON.

AKcharger

hemi-hampton

Quote from: AKcharger on October 10, 2020, 08:55:04 PM
Copy...yeah my last shoot was PPG Omni, actually held up well for over17 years. but theire not making it anymore appearently.

H-H...lol Lacquer no, I'm good, thanks!

The only reason I had the Lacquer is because the guy I bought my Charger from had the  carb catch on Fire & burnt some paint off the middle of the hood about the size of a baseball. Since I had the original dull paint I could not spot it with some new high gloss base coat clear coat & have a nice brite shiny spot in middle of hood. SO, Had to try to make it look original & not touched up, to do this I spotted in Lacquer & then cleared in Lacquer & did not sand & rub the clear to keep it dull. worked good. As for your FK5 Paint Code I looked it up on my computer at work & surprisingly it came up as unavailable. In the past I've seen older colors come up as unavailable only because the color never got added to the system I was using. I'm using SmartTrak. Pic below. LEON.

AKcharger

Thanks Sir!

Huh, interesting repair on the hood!!! I got paint, the supply store i used found it in 5 seconds, another reason I'm happy its home, ill bet it wouldn't have come out the right color!