News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clone value?

Started by Daytona Guy, October 10, 2020, 07:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

It would be interesting to find out what's the top dollar that a Daytona clone brought. Maybe someone here knows of a top dollar build, or what someone was asking for Theirs, and what they received. I find this a tough market to wrap my mind around. I'm not selling mine, but I was but was wondering it's value for estate planing. We all know the range for the originals given the variables   - yet we all know that does not translate.

Dane

70 sublime

I would hope it will be worth more than an R/T Charger in the same condition
How much I do not know
I would think there are less Daytona clones out there than R/T Chargers so very few change hands to get an idea on prices
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Sgt Superbird

Whatever you have it insured for, would be a starting point, correct?

DAY CLONA

I know of cloned Tona's/Birds that have SOLD in the low 6 figure range, but this is for vehicles built using the most accurate repro/used/NOS wingcar parts, along with dedicated year/parts/construction correctness in it's build...the use of vega plugs, fiberglass wings, fiberglass nosecones, aftermarket engines/drivelines, custom touches, incorrect year/model components etc will all have pros/cons to ascertaining value...if the OP is trying to place a "value" on his Tona' for whatever reason, the only legitimate approach is to have a qualified appraisal done.

Mike 

triple_green

Knowing your work and remembering that Daneclona has a big crate hemi motor on it I would say $80K or more.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

hemi71

I have a Daytona clone very similar to yours. Rotisserie restored, started life as a 69 Charger 500, 440-4 4 speed Super Track Pack car. Now has a 440-6 in it. I have it insured for 110K and I would not take less then that for it. Its a well detailed clone. 

70 sublime

Quote from: hemi71 on October 15, 2020, 08:11:20 AM
I have a Daytona clone very similar to yours. Rotisserie restored, started life as a 69 Charger 500, 440-4 4 speed Super Track Pack car. Now has a 440-6 in it. I have it insured for 110K and I would not take less then that for it. Its a well detailed clone. 

Is your nose cone metal ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi71

Quote from: 70 sublime on October 15, 2020, 09:35:16 AM

Is your nose cone metal ?

Yes, headlights fully functional,  wing is aluminum.

426HemiChick

Hi Hemi71,                   19 October 2020

Beautiful Daytona. Looks like a super resto and build.

Think the most beautiful cars ever built are the Dodge Chargers (68 - 70) and especially the Daytona's. We're not partial, really.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court