News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Voltage Regulator Types

Started by CRW-FK5, October 14, 2020, 09:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRW-FK5

I am looking to replace the voltage regulator on my '70 and noticed there are a few different options available at the local auto store, with prices ranging from $19.99 up to $45.99.  Just wondering if I can get by with the lower priced one or are there perhaps advantages with the higher priced one that make it worth while?

CRW-FK5

Pete in NH

Hi,

You can be sure any of the lower priced units are Chinese in origin and the quality often leaves much to be desired with lots of failures. Even buying a higher priced unit is no guaranty today  of any level of quality. For quite a few years now if I need a new regulator of this type I go for an original Chrysler part from a local dealer. I haven't bought one in quite a few years but if they are still available that's what i would do.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: Pete in NH on October 15, 2020, 08:49:12 AM
Hi,

You can be sure any of the lower priced units are Chinese in origin and the quality often leaves much to be desired with lots of failures. Even buying a higher priced unit is no guaranty today  of any level of quality. For quite a few years now if I need a new regulator of this type I go for an original Chrysler part from a local dealer. I haven't bought one in quite a few years but if they are still available that's what i would do.
Thank you.