News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey experts can you (update) follow my paint plan so I don't mess up

Started by AKcharger, October 16, 2020, 02:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlainfieldCharger

FYI,
The exhaust stove assembly is available from Tony's Parts..

First part list on the site.LOL
https://www.tonysparts.com/    165.00

AKcharger

hemi-hampton

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on February 21, 2021, 07:32:32 AM
FYI,
The exhaust stove assembly is available from Tony's Parts..

First part list on the site.LOL
https://www.tonysparts.com/    165.00

Nice some one is re making them. When I was looking for mine 20 years ago no repops then. Thanks for the Tip. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: AKcharger on February 20, 2021, 08:48:56 PM
- Thanks Plainfield! Yup! tomorrow is it's 1st car show

- LEON yup, would love to find one of those shields, I will someday. While GENERALY correct about the antifreeze decal location this one had it on the PAX side so I placed it EXACTLY like the original. in fact I even made sure the emission decal near the data plate was crooked, just a tad, like the original (it was a Friday afternoon car)

- Rallye Mike Wow had to think on that one but answer is YES. It would be VERY difficult to find a car as original and unmolested as this (though I could go without the Criminal body guy!)

Forgot yours was original before the repaint, can't argue with your location since that's where it was originally. They actually vary on all cars but usually more to drivers side, mine was in more in the middle. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: AKcharger on January 20, 2021, 09:22:24 AM
I've only seen them Body color, they were black but I thought that was a goof...Darn!

Remember, your Car & Engine Compartment was all Original. Surprised you deviated from the original black & went body color. Yeah, I see them painted Body Color all the Time, That's why it's one of my bIggest Pet Peeves, Most People do it wrong. LEON.

AKcharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 21, 2021, 05:32:47 PM
Remember, your Car & Engine Compartment was all Original. Surprised you deviated from the original black & went body color. Yeah, I see them painted Body Color all the Time, That's why it's one of my bIggest Pet Peeves, Most People do it wrong. LEON.

Yeah...I was moving fast on the bay and thought the previous owner painted them (engine was rebuilt in 1991) But leoon just for you I'm gonna fix it!! were they semi gloss black or gloss?

AKcharger

oh 1st Show for the car and won best in class..Hooray for me! (180 cars and only 5 MOPARS lol) prefect weather and car ran great even did good idling for 45 min in traffic!

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

PlainfieldCharger

Canadian1968

Congrats!

Also painted this thing today. Your pain and suffering came to mind lol

Called Habanero orange !

AKcharger

Hi Canadian! wow, looks nice!. That's what happens when you have skills proper equiptment and experience!  :smilielol: