News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nos 1969 Daytona Hood to nose seal WIW

Started by QuickBpBp, October 18, 2020, 09:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickBpBp

I forgot about being a member here and I have an Nos 1969 Daytona Hood to nose seal which also fits 70 Charger bumper to hood seal. I asked on Moparts and got no reply checked on FBBO got one.. So I put it up on e-bay and with-in a 1/2 hr there was a bid for $100 so it will sell in 7 days. I just wanted to know are these around anymore? Has anyone sold or bought one recently? If so what did it go for so tough to price. Thanks in advance.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254752983455

AKcharger

Hi Quick

To 99.999678% of buyers that is just a 1970 hood seal so its value is in line with other 1970 hood seal and I think they make them new...$100 sounds like your well ahead!

Let us know how it went!!!

70 sublime

I just clicked the ebay link to see the ad and it says ad has been ended
Has 0 bids also
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

odcics2

Quote from: 70 sublime on October 22, 2020, 09:00:12 AM
I just clicked the ebay link to see the ad and it says ad has been ended
Has 0 bids also

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."    :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

QuickBpBp

Hi sorry for slow response. I had to cancel the bid and relist as a member told me it is also correct for a 70 Superbird. Ebay would not let me edit it after the bid was placed. So I canceled the bids and relisted. Thaty being said they do make the gasket but not the mounting bar which adds the value... Here is the current auction guys whose bid was canceled re-bid right away... Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254754013139

QuickBpBp

Quote from: AKcharger on October 22, 2020, 08:06:19 AM
Hi Quick

To 99.999678% of buyers that is just a 1970 hood seal so its value is in line with other 1970 hood seal and I think they make them new...$100 sounds like your well ahead!

I agree totally, only so many wing cars to restore but there are the people who only search for just those listings so I relisted to add Superbird. I checked before listing for a value and Only the gasket is reproduced not the retainer strip. I think someone who needs the whole thing would be hard pressed to find a perfect one that is why I thought $100 and let the market determine the value.. Thanks and Nice GIF too!!

AKcharger

To there right person it's gold...just gotta find 'em!

Keep us posted

DAY CLONA

Quote from: QuickBpBp on October 22, 2020, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: AKcharger on October 22, 2020, 08:06:19 AM
Hi Quick

I agree totally, only so many wing cars to restore but there are the people who only search for just those listings so I relisted to add Superbird. I checked before listing for a value and Only the gasket is reproduced not the retainer strip. I think someone who needs the whole thing would be hard pressed to find a perfect one that is why I thought $100 and let the market determine the value.. Thanks and Nice GIF too!!

Brett

The piece is 69 Daytona nosecone/hood or 70 Charger bumper/hood only, NO Superbird, Superbird's only use fender seals unique to itself, no hood seals....just so you don't have that uninformed buyer wanting to return/dispute it if purchased...

Mike

QuickBpBp

Too funny Mike... I had ended the auction because I was told it fit a Superbird also so I had it right the first time... Thanks... Not ending the auction but will try and add to the description...