News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing measurements

Started by Josephevers86, November 22, 2020, 11:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephevers86

Hey I'm doing a clone build and would like to know the placement of the wing. I've tried using the search function and scrolled through all the pages with no luck. Can someone help me out with some measurements for the location. Thanks.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

70 sublime

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Basically it works out that the wing is as far forward as you can get it but still have a little clearance to get the trunk lid open
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

graybo

buy yourself a wing to quarter gasket set.  Once you get these, I will send you pics and measurements.  These will help line up your holes for proper placement.   :2thumbs:

A383Wing

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 23, 2020, 06:23:13 AM

Basically it works out that the wing is as far forward as you can get it but still have a little clearance to get the trunk lid open

I have my wing installed in the correct location, I still have the stock trunk lid with no rear window plug installed, (that soon to be fixed), when the trunk lid is open, I cannot keep my finger between the trunk lid edge and the front edge of the wing...I learned that the hard way, a number of times.....I'm a slow learner

Bryan

Seabeckredneck

Is this for a Daytona or Superbird project?
  I bought a template with measurements from Performance Car Graphics for my Superbird project. Those measurements matched up to another member's project on this site.
  Let me know if you need help but it looks like Graybo has you covered.

There are a LOT of good people on this site helping one another. I know I appreciate all the help I get.  :cheers:

Josephevers86

Thanks for the info. I ordered some gaskets and I should have the trunk finished tomorrow.

cdr

Quote from: A383Wing on November 23, 2020, 02:09:23 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on November 23, 2020, 06:23:13 AM

I have my wing installed in the correct location, I still have the stock trunk lid with no rear window plug installed, (that soon to be fixed), when the trunk lid is open, I cannot keep my finger between the trunk lid edge and the front edge of the wing...I learned that the hard way, a number of times.....I'm a slow learner

Bryan

Yep !!!! and when looking in the trunk dont lift up your head  :RantExplode: :brickwall: :slap:  ask me how I know LOL
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr