News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New motor for my 69 charger R/T project

Started by Ryan, October 25, 2020, 09:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

After many years of saving and planning shes almost finished.  Getting very excited.  Made just north of 900HP on pump fuel.  572 KB hemi.  Built by Tim @ FHO.

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Q5XX29

Looks terrific! I am a huge fan of Tim Banning/FHO. I have two of his Hemis in my garage. His work is second to none!
dakota_gt on Instagram

Johnnyu

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Ryan on October 25, 2020, 09:25:18 PM
After many years of saving and planning shes almost finished.  Getting very excited.  Made just north of 900HP on pump fuel.  572 KB hemi.  Built by Tim @ FHO.

More HP than a Hellcat engine ??
Either way, sounds crazy dangerous. :icon_smile_big:

keepat

Back N Black

maxwellwedge

Love the adjusters on the alternator and P/S  :icon_smile_cool:
Super cool looking mill!

ACUDANUT

chargered

That is sweet.  I hope I'm in that position some day.  What other modifications are you making to beef up your drivetrain?

Ryan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 29, 2020, 05:07:27 PM
30-60k on a motor for a driver ?

all in about 40K for the longblock including the Holly ECU.  Car is a nut and bolt rotisserie build, wouldn't really call it a "driver" however i do plan to drive the piss out of it. 

Quote from: chargered on October 29, 2020, 09:30:43 PM
That is sweet.  I hope I'm in that position some day.  What other modifications are you making to beef up your drivetrain?

built dana 60 , carbon fiber drive shaft, weld in subframe connectors and torque boxes, front chassis stiffening ect....
car has full hotchkis suspension with willwoods on all 4.

2014 viper TA

oldgold69

sweet  :2thumbs: christmas came early this year.  just be careful you'll shoot your eye out kid.

Mike DC

$40k for just the motor?  That surprises me.  

I realize an all-aluminum stroker Hemi can soak up $25k pretty easily.  But where's the rest?   Did the EFI and all the "little stuff" accessories really rack up $15k?   

Ryan

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 31, 2020, 02:18:53 AM

I realize an all-aluminum stroker Hemi can soak up $25k pretty easily.  But where's the rest?   Did the EFI and all the "little stuff" accessories really rack up $15k?   

I believe now a-days a 572 starts closer to 30k.
All the little things really add up.

EFI was approx 6 grand.
We went with a 60mm roller bearing cam with very high end roller lifters and that also required a Jessel belt drive that was close to another 5 grand
Vacuum pump and custom brackets
Tuning , crating , shipping ect ect. It all adds up.

Expensive yes but I got what I wanted.

2014 viper TA

Challenger340

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 31, 2020, 02:18:53 AM

$40K is frigg'in CHEAP for that Engine as equipped !
Especially if you plan on having anyone who actually knows their ASS from a hole in the ground to do it like Tim does !

Heck.... at our shop we were charging $40K CND for 900+ hp Pump Gas all aluminum 572 HEMI builds back in 2012 !
see here;
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,96184.0.html
Only wimps wear Bowties !

ACUDANUT

Ryan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 31, 2020, 11:32:48 AM
i agree, 60k was my real thinking.

Now that I think about it it's probably closer to 48,000 - 50,000.  I forgot that I already had the FHO spec stage V heads that I scored off Moparts several years ago.

2014 viper TA

Mike DC

I guess I'm just out of the loop on modern prices.  Inflation is a bitch. 

WHITE AND RED 69

What a beast! Any pictures of the car its going in?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

70 sublime

I live about 20 minutes away from Tim

Had the idea myself about doing a Hemi
One day I called him and asked a few questions
Being in Canada I had to pay more because he buys his parts in the US so they just cost a bunch more $$ here

Yes the numbers were really adding up

I have two Chargers now instead of one with a Hemi  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BSB67

Quote from: Ryan on October 25, 2020, 09:25:18 PM
After many years of saving and planning shes almost finished.  Getting very excited.  Made just north of 900HP on pump fuel.  572 KB hemi.  Built by Tim @ FHO.

Good for you!   :thumbs: :thumbs:

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

billssuperbird

c00nhunterjoe

Mike DC

QuoteAny hemi built for 50k is a good deal.

People don't pay $50k for a near/stock street Hemi.  

The motor in is thread is a different animal.  Comparing it to a stock 426 Hemi is like comparing a NASCAR smallblock to a stock 340.  

BTW, have the repro iron Hemi blocks ever become available again?  What are people using to build near/stock Hemi clone cars now?