News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint gun question

Started by AKcharger, October 26, 2020, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Good day
I bought a cheepo HF gun to shoot Polyester primer because it advertised a 2.0 nozzle, which is reccommended by the TDS sheet. While it does work it cuts in & out and is crap, just want you'd expect from a Communist Chinese slave labor camp. ANY way I decided to pull needles out of my guns and measure fior fun.
- My Chinese POS is .116 inches
- General purpose gun .118
- my Warwick gun with 1.4 needle is .138

So is that chinese gun less than a 2.0 or are needle measured diffrently?  if my 1.4 is bigger I'll just use that as I block sand and reprime

Thanks!

hemi-hampton

I'm no Gun expert. I'm not sure how it's suppose to work but possibly a smaller needle lets more primer out then a bigger needle. Fluid Nozzle & Air Cap might be bigger with smaller needle to let more volume out? I got a cheap 2.2 gun for thick primer & you can tell the difference spraying it. So you got a big hole for fluid nozzle & air cap but small needle letting it flow more. LEON. :scratchchin: :shruggy:

AKcharger

Sounds logical....since needles are the same I'll use my GP gun  for additional coats of polyester primer

Canadian1968

The needle shape, size are not really what determin fluid flow . That is almost exclusively controlled by nozzle size. Then your air cap will determine transfer efficiency at atomization .

I use a Tekna Pro-lite for my sealer It comes with 2 different size nozzles and 3 air caps . But 1 needle .

Curious what part of the needle were you measuring? 

AKcharger

Ah!! Gotcha.
I was measuring at the main part of the stem