News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Still sitting in same spot

Started by 70 sublime, October 27, 2020, 10:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

Wow what a shame that's going to take a lot of money to restore that car

Stevetona

It's really deteriorating over the last few years. I don't even leave my lawn mower out like that.  :brickwall:

Sgt Superbird

What a damn shame. I guess when it's absorbed back into the earth, it will make everyone's Daytona that much more valuable!

TheAutoArchaeologist

I was going to post this in the original thread on here, but I didn't think you guys would want that.

I have a plan for next year.  Hopefully it comes together to protect this car.

held1823

ryan, will they sell the van next to it?  i might even store the car for them for it
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

billssuperbird

That would be a nice project for me when I retire in 2 years I could be in the garage a way from my wife  :smilielol:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: held1823 on October 28, 2020, 12:52:34 AM
ryan, will they sell the van next to it?  i might even store the car for them for it

I'll check with them.

ACUDANUT

66FBCharger

I understand the sentimental value and the memories they have of this car.
I don't think they will ever realistically be able to get the car roadworthy, let alone restored. Its their car they can do what the want. They should at least get a temporary garage or something to protect the car from the elements.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Birdflu

A friend of mine who lives about 10 miles from where the car is parked, offered to let the family store it in his barn, free of charge (along side some very cool Mopars by the way!), but they'd rather let it sit outside in the elements. I don't get it!  :brickwall:

70 sublime

Best thing would be to help them fix the shed up and just push it back inside
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70Sbird

Quote from: 70 sublime on October 29, 2020, 11:28:55 AM
Best thing would be to help them fix the shed up and just push it back inside

I would think by this time "pushing" it back into the shed may require more effort than you would think!. It would probably be easier to build a shed around it. I'm willing to bet that all 4 wheels are frozen in place....I've moved cars like this before, and it's never as easy as it looks. Just my  :Twocents:

Scott Faulkner

ACUDANUT

White trash idiots letting a 100G car rot. :brickwall:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Unfortunately the garage in which is sits in front of fell in from completely rotting away.  It would have to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.

The car is sitting on 4-wheel dollies, but they are rusty now as well.  Either way it would need a flatbed to move it anywhere.

Like I said, things are hopefully changing for the better to at least get it out of the elements.