News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger seats purchase

Started by jefferson, October 28, 2020, 02:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferson

Hi guys, looking at putting proper 68 seats in my 68 charger as i currently have 70 ones in there ATM.

Im confused, looking online, i can see seat covers, seat foam(the chair outline) etc.

Do i have to buy both the seat foam and the seat cover and put them together? I assume i do, sry seems like a noob question but been a long day.
cheers.

70 sublime

You do know that the metal frames are different for the 70 compared to the 68 69 style of seat ?

Yes you need the foam and the cover
Will depend how good the foam is on the frame you get to use for this project
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Nacho-RT74

Ask yourself... do you want to keep the 70 seats on your 68 ?

If you do, then will need to get 70 foam and covers and rear bench cover stoo too to be a full match.

If you want the correct 68 setup will need to get the 68/69 frame and foams, and of course their covers. Dunno what seat pattern got your rear bench thought

You can allways go to a local upholstery shop and make custom jobs, i.e. 68 seat pattern somehow made into the 70 buckets. I don't think that would be easy, because 68/69 seats are flat and 70 buckets got shapes, but with imagination and skills everything is posible
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

I had put '70 seats in Sinnamon back around '80 when I got them from a friends brothers wreck...  for $100 front and rears.    At the time I tossed the trashed seats in a dumpster... that's what we did back then.

30 years later when I got Sinnamon back...   they looked pretty much the same.   But it was time for them to go.  Sold the '70 buckets as cores at Carlisle for too little $.

Found '68/9 cores online somewhere (moparts?) for too much $.   Drove them over to Legendary along with the rear seat and had them do the leather Rallye treatment for way too much $  Bought new headrests from PG - Legendary doesn't do headrests themselves.  Also had to give them the headrest hardware.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

jefferson

Thanks guys
I have 70 charger seats in my 68 atm
So im toying with the idea of putting 68 ones in it.